An Old School Catholic Message Board

Switchfoot

Dudette

littleflower+JMJ

lol oh yeah i remember and a good dj you were! :notworthy:

:guitar: im just sooo tired....won't you sing me to sleep? and fly thru my dreams? so i can hitch a ride with you tonight? :elvis:

littleflower+JMJ

lol i just never knew lol

not to mention i was just listening to it before i had gotten on paltalk and you started spinning it :dj: :cans:

i was so lame i got john to play selena for me :lol:

First of all, I don't use the term sellouts in a negative connotation. They used to be outwardly Christian, but the fact is that they won't even play Christian venues anymore. I didn't say that was a bad thing, they've just morphed from they're early vision. I like Switchfoot a lot, I even have a few of their albums. But I'm not going to label them a Christian band just because they used to be. I'm all for Christian bands in the seculiar market, unfortunately I have a hard time calling a band Christian that won't play in a church, or for a church sponsored event. Evanescence and Creed were both bands that had mostly positive/Christian words, but they aren't considered Christian. All this to say...they are a great band, and I like their music, I just wouldn't classify them as a Christian band.

[quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Mar 7 2005, 09:21 PM'] Switchfoot does a good job at bridging the gap in the music scene. Rather than playing up this situation that Christian music is separate than the world, they inconspicuously penetrate the wall and sneak God in here and there. It's important to have some type of Christian witness on MTV. Let's face it, they wont be putting Matt Maher on there anytime soon. Don't get me wrong. I really like Maher's stuff, but to contrast, Maher's message would be a little hard for MTV to swallow. In order to penetrate the secular world with Christian outreach, we've got to meet them where they're at. The secular world is kinda like a sick child. It's only gonna swallow if it can't taste the medicine. You can water down medicine and still get the goods. I think Switchfoot does that. They're pretty darn good musically too.

namuste,

-Joe [/quote]
exactly what I was thinking. Right on. :D

DemonSlayer

[quote name='Dudette' date='Mar 8 2005, 02:51 AM'] I haven't heard much about the surfing thing...are there any articles on it? [/quote]
Well, maybe it's just in Australia.

Recently I looked on their website. [url="http://www.switchfoot.com"]Switchfoot[/url] And they are visiting Sydney...or they visited

DemonSlayer

They've just done an Australian tour, but I didn't go to the local show, because the cost was too expensive for just one band (A$40) and I've only heard three of their songs.

Oh, hmm, I was thinking...funny that they've been to Australia and haven't even been to Canada which is right next door to the US?

i like switchfoot. I've seen them live on new years and in Hollywood where they actually played "only hope" to a bunch of people raising their hands in a prayerful way, it was awesome.

Brother Adam

SF is one of my old favorite bands. I saw them in concert in Grand Haven, MI during a coastguard festival. Great music.