An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Founders...

the_rev

Mother Marie Claire was the foundress of the PCPA's. They started in France. I can't believe I didn't catch that one, too! lol
She would be great to write about. Mother Angelica is the Abess for the community in Hanceville, as far as I know. [url="http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/nun_stones.htm#claire"]http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/nun_stones.htm#claire[/url]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Mother Catherine Aurelia Caouette founded the Institute of the Sister Adorers of the Precious Blood...

Read more about her [url="http://www.sisterspreciousblood.org/aurelia.htm"]here[/url].

Hey thanks for that link. A friend and I were just trying to figure out which order wore the red scapular on Saturday :P

drewmeister2

[quote name='drewmeister2' date='Mar 6 2005, 08:37 PM'] Father Andreas Amrhein founded the Missionary Benedictines. You can find out more about him if you go to www.benedictinemissionhouse.com, and look under Benedictine History. God bless! [/quote]
Oops, sorry, I didnt see you needed living people. Fr. Andreas is dead.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Mar 7 2005, 05:14 PM'] Hey thanks for that link. A friend and I were just trying to figure out which order wore the red scapular on Saturday :P [/quote]
:D cool! I wish they would have kept the more traditional habit though... I don't know... it somehow just removes the some of the nun "sense" that the traditional habit has... you know?

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Mar 7 2005, 07:04 PM'] :D cool! I wish they would have kept the more traditional habit though... I don't know... it somehow just removes the some of the nun "sense" that the traditional habit has... you know? [/quote]
I agree with you 100%. Almost every order with a "reformed habit" has gone on my reject list because, like you said, the Traditoinal habit just seems to say something more powerful than the habits that are generally the product of misinterpretation of Vatican II... I could rant about that another time, though :P I do like the foundresses habit from the Adorers of the Precious Blood, it was really pretty.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Mar 7 2005, 07:45 PM'] I do like the foundresses habit from the Adorers of the Precious Blood, it was really pretty. [/quote]
oh yeah!

• 2 weeks later...

Is he the one St. Francis De Sales is always talking about?

He, by the way, founded a community.... Was it the Visitation order?

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Mar 22 2005, 04:14 PM'] Is he the one St. Francis De Sales is always talking about?

He, by the way, founded a community.... Was it the Visitation order? [/quote]
didn't Francis de Sales found the Salesians?