An Old School Catholic Message Board

"if I Were Pope"

geetarplayer

littleflower+JMJ

I'd ask that the Latin Mass be celebrated as an option every Sunday in every parish.

Also, I'd invite all my Phatmass Phamily (and regular friends too) to spend the Night at the Vatican and have a huge Phatty Party . . . we'd do a Holy Hour, pray all 20 decades of the Rosary, eat a lot, and spin that Massmatics CD .  . . other music too . . .  we'd rock the socks off Rome!

and your going to become a priest right blazer?

go for it!!

:D and then become pope!!

its possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D ;) :P

hmm... if God wills it all the Cardinals would randomly get your name in their head and vote for you.

you know any Catholic can become Pope... after you're elected u havta accept then u get holy orders, become Bishop, then become Bishop of Rome.. and you're Pope!

haaa thad be soooo kewl if all the Cardinals voted 4 blazer cause God wanted him to be Pope. you like get a call one day.. hi, how would u like to be the 265th successor to St. Peter?

:lol: B)

You guys do know that the Latin Mass still happens right? It's just really rare. If I was pope, I'd encourage a revival in it. And I'd encourage versus Deum consecration instead of versus populi (I think those are the proper names for them).

Hey, I was wonderin, they say that any Catholic can be pope, but wouldn't it technically have to be any single, male Catholic?

littleflower+JMJ

if i were pope i would make it mandatory for all catholics to visit rome and st. peter's basilica..and if they couldn't pay for it, it would be free.

;)

You guys do know that the Latin Mass still happens right?  It's just really rare.  If I was pope, I'd encourage a revival in it.  And I'd encourage versus Deum consecration instead of versus populi (I think those are the proper names for them).

Hey, I was wonderin, they say that any Catholic can be pope, but wouldn't it technically have to be any single, male Catholic?

yeah, that's true

well, actually, they wouldn't HAVE TO be single.. Peter was married when he was called to be Pope and celibacy is just a discipline of the Latin Rite.

and the Pope is supreme Pontiff of all Roman Catholic Rites.. some of those allow married priests.

It just wouldn't be wise and i don't think God wills it that a married man become Pope. As paul advized widows to be like him and remain single the rest of their lifetime that they can focus totally on God, a Pope would need to be able to focus totally on God without distractions of a wife. technically though, i think it would be allowed. someone correct me if im wrong.

cmotherofpirl

maybe in Japan :)

If I were Pope I would spend the entire time on my knees begging God not to destroy the whole world.