An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Order silimar to CFR's?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

I am interested in the CFR's, but are there any other Order's / Communities similar to their charism and apostolic work?

Totus Tuus,
Andrew Joseph

God Conquers

What is their Charism? I think their are others...

As for apostolic work, the Franciscan focus on the most poor and downtrodden is a fairly niche one.

Well for girls there are the Sisters of Life and Sisters of Charity......

For guys I mean there are a ton of missionary orders, but I don't know off the top of my head any that are like the CFR's in charism.

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Any really good Male Orders in the Kansas City / Missouri / (South Eastern) Nebraska area?

Well there's a really good order of priests in Kentucky (Fathers of Mercy... they're in Kentucky, right?). Clear Creek Monastery is in Oklahoma.... I don't know of any others. I don't know anything in your area.

catholicflower

The FPOs which are ther franciscans of Primative Observance. A really awsome group in VT (i believe). They came out of the CFRs. The main difference is they live out radical poverty such as begging for food.

Guest Eremite

The Missionaries of the Poor (MOP) serve the slums of Jamaica:

[url="http://www.missionariesofthepoor.org/"]http://www.missionariesofthepoor.org/[/url]

Edited by Eremite

• 3 months later...
goldenchild17

[quote name='jezic' date='Jul 9 2005, 06:14 PM']you could try for the Community of St. John. They rock! And their charisma is awesome.
[right][snapback]637619[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And they might be sending a community to Colorado Springs. That would so cool.

Thy Kingdom Come!
Feast of St. Benedict, Founder of Western Monasticism

I love the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. They were in Medjugorje when I was there and I got to know them so well.

In a sense you could consider them charismatic for their zeal for Christ Jesus. I am not quite sure of the definitaion of this word accept for the fact that i don't believe that much in the charismatic movement, but do think if it somehow does good for the church so be it! (I refer now to the slained in the spirit)

They do wonderful youth 200 retreats i've heard, I know the Milwaukee Dicoeses will be bringing them in within the next five years to do a Youth 2000.

[i]Yours in Christ, [/i]

Eddie Lee