An Old School Catholic Message Board

If This Ain't Scary Then I Don't Know What Is

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

www.weather.com

guys, pray that everyone and my family will be protected from the tropical storm claudette, its right now heading towards corpus christi, and thats where I"M at.

so, say alittle prayer and i hope when i wake up in a couple of hours, it'll have shifted or something....right now theres' tropical storms and hurricane alerts...

Blessed Mother, Protect us from the storm!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:blink::blink::);):P:unsure:

this is me right now.... :wacko:

and heres a pic of me hiding under my bed... :ph34r: :ph34r:

hurricane please go away!! pretty please?

littleflower+JMJ

okay i'm going to pray that in the morning things will look better.....

:) boy do i hope soo.....

GodsThespianChic

Hurricanes are definately not cool. And can be very scary. Prayer=done.

Besides....how would we all survive without posts from +JMJ?!?!!?

Kilroy the Ninja

I've found this in my little travel prayer book... perhaps it will help

The Prayer or Blessing Against Storms

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has come in Peace. + God became man, + and the Word was made flesh. + Christ was born of a Virgin. + Christ suffered. + Christ was crucified. + Christ died.+ Christ rose from the dead. + Christ ascended into Heaven.+ Christ conquers.+ Christ reigns.+ Christ orders.+ May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning.+ Christ went through their midst in Peace,+ and the Word was made flesh.+ Christ is with us with Mary.+ Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Juda, the Root David, has won.+ Holy God!+ Holy Powerful God!+ Holy Immortal God!+ Have mercy on us. Amen!

Here's a ritual that might help.

It invokes the intercession of St Barbara.

Place a sweet treat (ie piece of cake, a cookie, or some candy) on a plate along with a drop of honey and a piece of wheat or whole-grain cereal.

Sprinkle the offering with rosewater or any kind of perfume.

Light a candle, rose scented or red is ideal.

Then say:

"Dear Saint Barbara,

Intercede for me,

Protect me from this storm,

With thy mighty strength,

Make my fear go away,

And peace return.

Amen"

Hope it helps. You got my prayers as well.

lol_grin.gif

Edited by benedict_x

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has  come in Peace. +  God became man, + and the Word was made flesh. +  Christ was born of a Virgin. +  Christ suffered. +  Christ was crucified. +  Christ died.+  Christ rose from the dead. +  Christ ascended into Heaven.+  Christ conquers.+  Christ reigns.+  Christ orders.+  May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning.+  Christ went through their midst in Peace,+  and the Word was made flesh.+  Christ is with us with Mary.+  Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Juda, the Root David, has won.+  Holy God!+  Holy Powerful God!+ Holy Immortal God!+  Have mercy on us.  Amen!

That prayer is found in the Pieta prayer book. It is a powerful prayer against storms!

(I also recommend lighting a blessed candle, and keeping other candles handy in the event of power outage.)

May Our Dearest Lord protect your home and family from that raging storm.

The Pieta Prayer books can often be found for free in the backs of Churches...They only cost a dollar to purchase them individually, and are sold in bulk (for massive distribution) at even lower costs. The little pocket-sized blue prayer book is stuffed with beautiful and efficacious prayers.

I prayed that prayer during a terrible storm here in NY. My house was completely fine, while the next door neighbors suffered all kinds of damage!

Pax Christi. <><

Kilroy the Ninja

That's the one I got it out of!!

This little book has been rather helpful...hope ya'll can find them as well.

Here's a ritual that might help.

It invokes the intercession of St Barbara.

Place a sweet treat (ie piece of cake, a cookie, or some candy) on a plate along with a drop of honey and a piece of wheat or whole-grain cereal.

Sprinkle the offering with rosewater or any kind of perfume.

Light a candle, rose scented or red is ideal.

Then say:

"Dear Saint Barbara,

Intercede for me,

Protect me from this storm,

With thy mighty strength,

Make my fear go away,

And peace return.

Amen"

Hope it helps. You got my prayers as well.

lol_grin.gif

Dude,

Where did you get the hocus pocus stuff?

I've never heard of a Catholic prayer that looks and sounds like a magic spell.

It sounds like something from "sainteria" (sp?), the voodoo stuff from New Orleans... which really isn't to the saints, but to their false gods.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

littleflower+JMJ

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has  come in Peace. +  God became man, + and the Word was made flesh. +  Christ was born of a Virgin. +  Christ suffered. +  Christ was crucified. +  Christ died.+  Christ rose from the dead. +  Christ ascended into Heaven.+  Christ conquers.+  Christ reigns.+  Christ orders.+  May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning.+  Christ went through their midst in Peace,+  and the Word was made flesh.+  Christ is with us with Mary.+  Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Juda, the Root David, has won.+  Holy God!+  Holy Powerful God!+ Holy Immortal God!+  Have mercy on us.  Amen!

beautiful prayer thanks kilroy, i'm definitly praying it....

thanks guys for the prayers...its crazy right now its hot and sunny, but that should all change tomorrow....thanks though for sharing prayers...

GodBLess!

littleflower+JMJ

i know its moving up north up to H-Town....

okay lets make a deal, you pray for me and i''ll pray for you !

lol_grin.gif deal?

littleflower+JMJ

alright, its heading for me for sure....76 mph winds, its Now a HuRrIcaNe (yikes)

and its should hit us on tuesday afternoon.......now my house isn't brick so you guys better pray it doesn't fall down like cardboard! hehe how scary! okay okay i'll keepya updated....