An Old School Catholic Message Board

Get Your Posts Up AND FREE TACOS

FiZzGiG

Amen, to that.

Oh and on a theological note... I wast thinking about the pope's suffering when he was dying and I realized... the redemptive graces must have been flowing like a fountain. I mean with the pope suffering with such love and carrying His cross with Christ, he's helping us all!

I just think that's really awesome.

I miss him though. :( He's the only pope I've ever known... and it's so weird and sad to know he's gone.

But at least he's in a better place!! :D

FranciscanRocker25

last night i had to sleep on a chair in my den and it didn't work out too well. my sister came home and she just "accidently" felll asleep in my bed. however, when my mom left for work, i got her bed.... muahahaha!!

Oh yeah, and today at Mass, I was so sad during the consecration of the Eucharist. You know when they offer up prayers to the bishop and the pope? Well the priest was praying for the bishop and then kinda paused... and just went on with the consecration.

Since the pope died, they didn't pray for him then :(

Of course they prayed for him during the petitions, and offered the Mass up for him and stuff.

But the absence of his name during the consecration just really hit me.

FranciscanRocker25

our priest accidently said, our pope, john paul ll, then he realized and paused... it was really sad.

geetarplayer

Yeah, I noticed that at the concecration... They skipped the pope and went straight to the bishop...

-Mark

:sadder:

My friend Rachel and I at school decided to make a pilgrimage to Rome when he becomes a saint.
I guess I should say "IF" he becomes a saint... but honestly, that man has GOT to be canonized.

Or we could make a pilgrimage if he's incorruptible... that would be awesome

On a lighter note... today I had "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin stuck in my head all day. And I don't even have the CD to listen to and relieve my urge to hear it.

DANG!!

FranciscanRocker25

oh my gosh, me too!!!! my mom listens to the cheesy Christian music radio station.. oh dear don't even get me started on that stupid radio station. but anyways that song is always on and its been in my head all day! ugh... don't you hate it when that happens??

YES!!!

I really like the song though. It's just STUCK in my HEAD! GAH!

Those stations have some good music. I mean... a lot of them are really cheesy and touchy-feely, but I really like Chris Tomlin and David Crowder.

But you know what I need? A Gregorian chant CD. I really wanna get one

FranciscanRocker25

ohh they had a gregorian chant cd at my library and my sister got it. i have a cd with the pope saying the rosary... its awesome so i usually listen to that when i need to be in prayer/mellow mode.

FranciscanRocker25

oh crapola.....i have a book that i lost from the library and i have to pay for it.. the thing is my mom said she would then i'd just pay her back but she never did, so now i have to pay for like 2 weeks in late fees and the price of the book which was like $7. ughhhhhh this is so annoying.