An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Pius XIII

Fidei Defensor

[quote]What's wrong with JP2's Cross?[/quote]

The reason traditionalists don't like the Holy Father's crosier, is because traditionally, the Popes didn't carry one. I believe the JP II is the first to do so.

The crosier is a sign of authority within a diocese. And since the Holy Father is the universal pastor, he didn't carry one. When a bishop is inside his diocese, he carries the crosier crook facing himself, jurisdiction. When he is outside his diocese, it is crook out, no jurisdiction.

Incidentally, an Ordinary can deny a visiting bishop the use of a crosier, mitre, and use of the cathedra, if he so wishes. Those are things within the perogative of the Ordinary.

Cam

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

what exactly is the SSPX?

this man who thinks he is pope pius XIII is a heretic.

But....

I think that it shows us all that the Modernezation of the Catholic church, was not a good idea. It further seperated us from Orthodox bretheren. Many other bad things have come from the Vatican II council.

StPiusVPrayForUs

The SSPX is not the problem. The priests pray for the Pope & local bishop each Mass and expel sedevacantists from their ranks. If you're going to excommunicate the SSPX (despite Canon law being clear regarding the state of emergency and Cardinal Ratzinger recently comparing the Church to a boat about to sink or whatever) then out should go the bishops who assist in Lutheran ordinations by providing moral support and in many cases, facilities for such ordinations against "Papal approval."

I'm going to leave it at that for now here seeing I have the cards stacked against me here.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 30 2005, 10:55 PM'] what exactly is the SSPX?

[/quote]
SSPX -- Society of St. Pius X -- an order of priests founded by the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre that specialized in offering the Tridentine Latin Mass ... in the late 1980s Lefebvre consecrated 3 or 4 new bishops without permission from the Vatican, and he and the rest of the society's members were excommunicated for schism.

[quote]I think that it shows us all that the Modernezation of the Catholic church, was not a good idea. It further seperated us from Orthodox bretheren. Many other bad things have come from the Vatican II council.[/quote]

Hey, now! The fault of the problems in the Church today lies not with Vatican II but rather with those who have twisted around what its documents really said! And what exactly do you mean by "modernization" of the Catholic Church?

[quote]The SSPX is not the problem.[/quote]

Yes, they are schismatic. End of story. This will end the discussion. We are not discussing Catholic v. Catholic (schismatic). Also, this is not the debate board.

When the SSPX, et al. reconcile with Rome, then we can talk about them again.

Cam

so if they were excommunicated by the pope, and they have their own hierarchy, and don't use the novus ordo missal, why do they consider themselves Catholic? to consider yourself in communion with Rome, you should not be in schism whith them. I like their ideas (I looked them up) but, i do not care for the fact that they are schismatic.

If you think this anti-Pope is messed up, take a look at this one,

www.homestead.com/POPEMICHAEL/index.html

He isn't even ordained a Priest so hasn't been able to do his first Papal mass yet.

What a shame :getaclue:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Zoecool13' date='Mar 31 2005, 05:50 PM'] If you think this anti-Pope is messed up, take a look at this one,

www.homestead.com/POPEMICHAEL/index.html

He isn't even ordained a Priest so hasn't been able to do his first Papal mass yet.

What a shame  :getaclue: [/quote]
:lol: If the Pope's election was invalid, what makes theirs valid? Wouldnt they (anti-popes)
not be part of apostolic succession, making it invalid from the start?

Edited by fidei defensor

Fidei Defensor

Ive sent each "pope" an email, telling them about their heretical papal foe. :lol:

Edited by fidei defensor

You told them about Pope John Paul the Secound or about all the other anti-popes?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 31 2005, 06:13 PM'] You told them about Pope John Paul the Secound or about all the other anti-popes? [/quote]
the other anti popes

• 2 months later...

This can't be real? These people really serious?

Though comical, I DO NOT find them funny at all. Not for their sakes, not for ours either. Them's the stuff protestants and atheists throw in our face every day. Laugh at them, and eventually the laughter will be on us!

Oh just shoot them and put them out of their misery already! For crying out loud! This goes beyond mere lunacy and stupidity! I think I would actually follow David Corresh than any of these guys... at least you sorta have a good time following Corresh beyond going to hell...

Pinch me... someone please pinch me... This has to be a joke... this is a fabrication right? A 10 year old having fun at granpa's expense or something like that... and April geniuses joke gone wrong?.. There has to be a reasonable explanation..... PINCH ME PLEASE!!!

Does anyone have any idea how many members actually follow them? Would it be worth while actually going there with a picture of Beny XVI and JPII? LORD HAVE MERCY!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH... THIS IS TOO MUCH... it has to be a fabrication.... come on... has to be...