An Old School Catholic Message Board

*urge to kill, rising*

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Nathan' date='Apr 2 2005, 07:47 PM'] *urge to kill, rising*

Go with it. Let that conservative nature out. [/quote]
:rolleyes: You need to take a break from attacking people as conservatives. I don't attack liberals and I'm in love with a Democrat.

What I do attack is heterodoxy. Heterodoxy is heresy and must be stamped out.

argent_paladin

When i get the urge to kill them, I just think of the look on their faces when they finally realize that the new pope won't change a thing regarding women's ordination. Lovely. I almost wish that I could actually see their faces. Of course, living in Berkeley, I just might.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='argent_paladin' date='Apr 2 2005, 07:54 PM'] I almost wish that I could actually see their faces. Of course, living in Berkeley, I just might. [/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 2 2005, 06:49 PM'] What I do attack is heterodoxy. Heterodoxy is heresy and must be stamped out. [/quote]
Exactly...

We all need to brace ourselves for upcoming changes... and we need to accept and love those changes. Yesterday, many of you argued with me about the use of glass chalices. I believe someone told me not to question whtat the Vatican says... If the new Pope says women can be Priests, then as Catholics, we must accept that. Due to the vocations problem, something is going to have to change, I wish nothing did, but our beloved church cannot survive without clergy members. This is one of those things that I believe should be more of a worry then what type of chalices are used during mass.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Zoecool13' date='Apr 2 2005, 08:33 PM'] We all need to brace ourselves for upcoming changes... and we need to accept and love those changes.  Yesterday, many of you argued with me about the use of glass chalices.  I believe someone told me not to question whtat the Vatican says... If the new Pope says women can be Priests, then as Catholics, we must accept that.  Due to the vocations problem, something is going to have to change, I wish nothing did, but our beloved church cannot survive without clergy members.  This is one of those things that I believe should be more of a worry then what type of chalices are used during mass. [/quote]
The new pope cannot allow priests, it would make him a heretic. It is a matter of dogma. Women are not valid matter for ordination. The Church does not have the authority to grant it.

As a former seminarian, there is no vocation problem, except in those dioceses which are heterodox. Allow women priests and you will [b]LOSE[/b] vocations.

We are looking forward to better and better things in the Church. Pope John Paul the Great set a wonderful standard. We cannot falter and 2000 years stand as support under us. We don't need to "compromise" and God won't allow it.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 2 2005, 07:36 PM'] The new pope cannot allow priests, it would make him a heretic. It is a matter of dogma. Women are not valid matter for ordination. The Church does not have the authority to grant it.

As a former seminarian, there is no vocation problem, except in those dioceses which are heterodox. Allow women priests and you will [b]LOSE[/b] vocations.

We are looking forward to better and better things in the Church. Pope John Paul the Great set a wonderful standard. We cannot falter and 2000 years stand as support under us. We don't need to "compromise" and God won't allow it. [/quote]
I'm not saying the Pope will change it...but he has the capacity and influence to get the ball rolling. I do not believe that I will see a Female Priest in my lifetime...but changes will be made. Possibly the celebacy rule. Some thing has to happen. 40 years ago, Pope John XXIII began Vatican II which allowed lay people to become a part of mass. As a former seminarian, I do not understand how you can say that there is no vocation problem? Every Priest I've ever talked to about vocations has said the exact same thing. The American Bishops have even said this.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 2 2005, 07:36 PM']

We are looking forward to better and better things in the Church. Pope John Paul the Great set a wonderful standard. We cannot falter and 2000 years stand as support under us. We don't need to "compromise" and God won't allow it. [/quote]
And almost every Pope leaves a wonderful standard! Pius XII left one, and John XXIII went completely opposite of him!