An Old School Catholic Message Board

*urge to kill, rising*

Thy Geekdom Come

TrinityAddiction

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 2 2005, 06:36 PM'] The new pope cannot allow priests, it would make him a heretic. It is a matter of dogma. Women are not valid matter for ordination. The Church does not have the authority to grant it.

As a former seminarian, there is no vocation problem, except in those dioceses which are heterodox. Allow women priests and you will [b]LOSE[/b] vocations.

We are looking forward to better and better things in the Church. Pope John Paul the Great set a wonderful standard. We cannot falter and 2000 years stand as support under us. We don't need to "compromise" and God won't allow it. [/quote]
Exactly.

[quote name='Nathan' date='Apr 2 2005, 08:01 PM'] Raphael has this problem with logic. I don't think he can help it. [/quote]
micah doesn't have a problem.
you, however, have a problem with bashing people beliefs. :angry:

:rolleyes:

seriously, man. i'm not trying to change what you believe in. BUT there are better ways to dealing with this. no bashing is needed. by bashing, you are not helping to prove your point. you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

The worst part is that they did not remove their "cartoons" which rip John Paul II to pieces.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nathan' date='Apr 2 2005, 10:12 PM'] It's called fighting back. You don't want to be messed with? Don't mess with me. [/quote]
This is a Catholic board, not the World Federation of Wrestling. This is also not the debate board, and even there manners still apply.

MichaelFilo

Women cannot be ordained for the priesthood. If they did I'd join the orthodox and call Catholics heretics.

God bless,
Mikey

but that will never happen because the holy spirit prevents the holy father from ever teaching incorrect faith and morals...

sheesh people, try to stay focused on reality :P

ps. micah, nice simpson's reference ;)

Edited by kateri05

[quote name='kateri05' date='Apr 2 2005, 09:39 PM'] but that will never happen because the holy spirit prevents the holy father from ever teaching incorrect faith and morals...

sheesh people, try to stay focused on reality :P [/quote]
um.... I don't know how to say this other then bluntly, but History tells us this isn't always the case. Sadly, that is the reality.

um excuse me. History tells the Truth, that the Pope has NEVER taught incorrectly on faith and morals. THAT is the reality

I knew this would happen. I knew that once this great man died, they'd be clamoring to get women priests.

If Jesus had wanted women priests, wouldnt he habe ordained Mary?
And the vocations crisis is due to unorthodox dioceses'. Like Raphael said, there are no shortages in orthodox dioceses'. Dang it. Why cant anyone see that? In Nebraska, they're brimming to the top, in Arlington Virginia, the same is happening. Ordaining women will not solve the problem.

Im tired of the emasculation of men. Men are meant to be priests, to lead, to be fathers. Women are meant to do other things within the Church. Priests cant do it all, and women are neglecting their roles by being obsessed with women priesthood.

What we need is orthodoxy, fostering priesthood, more role models for boys in their parishes.

Stop arguing about this. Now. :club:

seriously!!

if you want to wrongly question the infallibility of the Pope, take it to the debate table. i believe that they already have a thread about this topic.