An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abc Garbage

hecklingsoul

What a typical "sweeps" show. What garbage. I am going to write ABC a letter. What did I learn from this show... How ABC loves scandalizing my Lord, scandalizing His Church, raising up the (now uber rich, fiction novelist of The D'Vinci Code) and most importantly...

Their obediance to the almighty dolar. :angry::angry::angry::angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry::angry:

I'm determined not to watch it.

Unfortunately our World Civ. teacher told us about it and recommended we watch it. ("An interesting piece of speculation" or something like that.

Guest jrob8503

For what? What are you so afraid of? These were all theories. The people formulating them never said they were concrete. Do you think this has "brainwashed" the millions of Catholics around the world? As if the most devout will give up their faith after seeing an hour long special? Why don't we sterilize everything on TV so it agrees with Church theology?

:rolleyes:

For what? What are you so afraid of? These were all theories. The people formulating them never said they were concrete. Do you think this has "brainwashed" the millions of Catholics around the world? As if the most devout will give up their faith after seeing an hour long special? Why don't we sterilize everything on TV so it agrees with Church theology?

Because I am tired of the media scandalizing everything I believe in. Because I want to change the world for the better. Because I want to see movies like "The Passion" win an Oscar and movies like "Boogie Nights" tank. Because I love my kids and I want them to grow up in a world just slightly better then it is now. Because I love my God and want to defend Him.

Yeah, from what I've heard and read, ABC decided to explore the possiblity of Jesus being married to Mary (no pun intended) by ignoring all the theologians that said it was very unlikely.

Oh... and I've been lurking for those of you who know me. I'll be around. :D

Because every idiot is gonna say wow it must be true cause I saw it on TV.

Exactly, there are a lot of people like that.

Kilroy the Ninja

Sponsers... well I remember the Kohl's commercial.

I love what that ding-bat Vargas said at the end of the piece... basically they didn't have any real evidence one way or another... all they did was just dredge up a bunch of C R A P that's been dredged up before.

littleflower+JMJ

van hooty!! where have you been buddy?

we've missed ur headless avatar!

and im not a mean queen anymore......so dont' be hiding cuz you fear me! (ya know you do!)

haha

okay okay as for this subject i agree with hecklingsoul. its garbage, plain and simple and they want to dirty the image of Church.

if i went and made a show about all these lies about a person i didnt' like then at the end say, "well, none of this is true, but we wanted to do damage anyway" how fair is that?

and like what cmom said, there are ppl who do not know any better.....and actually believe what someone whos not even catholic says..

and thats just dumb in my book..... and it happens

:rolleyes:

van hooty!! where have you been buddy?

School... the prison wardens... er... teachers... pain... suffering... trauma.

The joys of a public school. :D :( :unsure:

ABC usually answers e-mail........ :) but whether it's a janitor or a person in charge is quite a mystery......either way it wouldn't hurt to e-mail them to bring up your concerns..... B)

Theologian in Training

Sometimes, in those situations, all you can do is laugh. Once I took that approach I was still very angry, but had one or two good laughs as well.

It was clear that there was an agenda attached to that program, and the fact that they gave those that disagreed with ABC were glossed over whereas the others were given ample time only shows that to be the case. In fact, I liked how they kept switching back and forth between the one woman that agreed and the other that disagreed, it was a rather interesting "tennis match" to watch.

I am definitely going to be praying for those priests, who clearly wanted to get their agenda out as well. Actually, I thought it was a little scary how one priest spoke about the Church being obessessed with sex. I don't know what Church he belongs to, but I really don't see that to be the case at all. Granted, it comes up in moral discussions, but speaking about sex directly isn't as taboo as he makes it out to be.

I thought the most entertaining misinformation we got was the Gnostic Gospels, which means "wisdom," believed to have been written by the gnostics, a secret organization that was privy to certain knowledge known only to them, to be quite entertaining. Although their definition is right they were basically trying to justify their usage of the Gnostic Gospels by showing how it was somehow suppressed by the big, bad, Catholic hierarchy. They also forgot to mention that gnosticism was and is a heresy of the Catholic Church.

I am sorry but if you believe even half of what was said last night had any merit, then your probably looking harder than even they were.

All it was was historians waxing theological, despite the fact that they are not theologians. They are searching for the historical Jesus, and that is their primary concern. Anything contrary to the historical Jesus, especially those things that corresponded to theology, seemed, to them, irrelevant.

I do applaud their efforts in their research, but of course in any circle that deals with history, it is more than inevitable that the Gnostic Gospels will make an appearance. Curse those Nag Hammadi manuscripts! :)

God Bless

Edited by Theologian in Training