An Old School Catholic Message Board

Felt the calling but when to go?

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

I think know what he is calling me to but why can't it be today that I go for it?? He is asking me to wait but hats soooo hard!! Any advice?

I can enter the concercrated life of Regnum Christi after highschool but i can also do it after college??

I guess i'm just asking for prayers that i figer out when and if i should consercrate myself.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Sometimes it is best to go as soon as you can so that the calling does not dissappear (it's happened before...) but sometimes you just aren't ready and God still has some time to prepare you for what is to come. Pray still, and pray to know when you are ready. Talk with a spiritual director or a priest... Sometimes they can help you figure things out :)

i wanted to enter in the middle of college and thought about dropping out to enter...but my parents wouldn't hear of it. i am glad i did not because i have come to discover that religious life is not where i am called. i am such a different person now, and people have noticed it too. they say i am more relaxed, more comfortable, and more fun to be around.

about entering right after high school....people used to tell me that is too early, and i used to say no it's not...but i'm beginning to understand more. you change soooo much after from high school graduation and the end of college....just food for thought.....u are still in the process of who you will become....

some people genuinely are called after high school though, so that is something to consider also.

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

[quote name='Dudette' date='Apr 5 2005, 06:17 PM'] Amelia, do you have a SD since you got back home? [/quote]
Kinda,b ut the conzies are sooo busy around here! I hope to get one soon and i keep in touch with Hiedi.

Did i tell you, she sent me a patron saint for the year! Our lady of lourdes: Purity of heart! Great one huh! :)

Wooooo, she sent you a patron Saint? That's lucky,

Seriously, I'm feeling left out..I think it's cause your sister is there...

no one writes me....

ok, I'll stop hi-jacking your thread.

FutureSoror

I'm entering after highschool! It's different from person to person, though. It should become clearer the more you pray and become closer to Jesus, however.

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Yeah, my sister is entering after highschool this year in August!
me, i'm leaning toward after college. Could there be a reason like God wanting me to a certian degree??

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Guess what darling Dudette! I'm going there in may! you know RI! shh its a secret!!
and my dad was there ths weekend and i got a bunch of hellos ansd write more!

you know i'm so contaminating this place w/pcness!

Catholictothecore

I'm dealing with the exact same thing. I know that no matter where I go to college this fall/winter, God wants me to an active servant. The key is that part of saying yes to God means saying yes to God's timing as well. pray, and prayers.

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Yeah, thanks guys/girls, i would like to ask more prayers cause thats what i need!
Not to distract you from the other things you need to prayer for! :D

just remember this entire thing is on God's time.

I think in my own life i have realized that he is goign to make me a priest. Now i just have to wait for the moment.