An Old School Catholic Message Board

scholarships?

aloha918

i have been deserning the preiesthood now for about 4 years....i am a freashman at a community college and i am on my way to steubenville either this next year or the year after.........

i was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships that are out there for future priests and if there are if you could get me some information on them

thanks a whole lot

peace and love

Aloha

There are a lot of orginizations that support seminarians. Some come from the seminary themselves, one can get pell grants and what not. You might also look into you local Knights of Columbus, also the Catholic Knights of America sponser seminarians with scholarships. The best place of all to start, though, is with your diocese. Most will support you in some way. Either with tuition, books, stipend, etc... My diocese pays for the whole 9 yards, but it differs from diocese to diocese.

[quote name='aloha918' date='Apr 3 2005, 10:58 PM'] i have been deserning the preiesthood now for about 4 years....i am a freashman at a community college and i am on my way to steubenville either this next year or the year after.........

i was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships that are out there for future priests and if there are if you could get me some information on them

thanks a whole lot

peace and love

Aloha [/quote]
Steubenville has scholarships for the pre-thes as long as you are accepted to the program. It's well known that they really only give money to the townies and pre-thes.

• 3 months later...
ofpheritup

The Laboure Foundation is on the Internet if you want to research. Also another organization is named after Father Junipero Serra.

I am not sure of the exact name. It is Serra somehing. I wish I knew the correct name. But doing a search with Serra is a start. They have groups in alot of diocese's across the country.

Have you contacted your diocese to see what is available thru them? Also what support can your parish give?

I hope this helps.

Many diocese will make an arrangement to pay all or most of college seminary...upon ordination. Contact your dioscean Vocations Director for details. The first step is definately to check and affliate with your diocese.

peace...

[quote name='jgirl' date='Apr 4 2005, 06:25 AM']Steubenville has scholarships for the pre-thes as long as you are accepted to the program. It's well known that they really only give money to the townies and pre-thes.
[right][snapback]562295[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Really? :sadder:

I would love to go to Steubenville. I just don't want to have to wait forever to pay it off before I enter a novitiate

Try the Legion of Mary. Old ladies LOVE paying for young men to be seminarians. Getting people to help the future nuns... a little more difficult. <_< Oh well. ;)

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jul 8 2005, 09:58 PM']Getting people to help the future nuns... a little more difficult.  <_<  Oh well.  ;)
[right][snapback]636689[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's SO true!

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Jul 8 2005, 08:39 PM']The Laboure Foundation is on the Internet if you want to research. Also  another organization is named after Father Junipero Serra.
[/quote]

Thy Kingdom Come!
Feast of St. Benedict, Founder of Western Monasticism

I'd like to point out that Father Junipero Serra has been beatified, he is a Blessed! I am a big fan of his along with Blessed Damien of Molakia. Father Junipero is one of the reasons why there is Catholicsim in the United States today!

On the topic of scholarships, I'm not sure if you will find any until you enter college seminary or seminary.

[i]Yours in Christ, [/i]

Eddie Lee