An Old School Catholic Message Board

P.o.d. The New Album: "payable On Death"

INRIWarrior3

I like their music alot. If they are Christians of any denom then they get my support. Heck, if they were devout Jews then they would have my support. I am Catholic all they way but good people are good people and they deserve support. Not just for them but to encourage positive role models. To shape popular culture for the better.

I think I know about Latino Culture . . . seeing as how I'm from that culture.

No disrespect meant on my part. If it was implied, I'm sorry.

I didn't take offense, I just wanted you to know who you're talking to. And just so its clear, Mexicans who are not Catholic do not have statues of Saints and the Virgin Mary around . . . they are usually fundamentalist evangelicals or pentecostals or Jehova's Witnesses . . . they tend to despise Our Lady more than most Protestants, probably because she does have such a strong hold on their hearts.

Here's POD's christian background:

What are P.O.D.'s spiritual beliefs?

P.O.D. is a band made up if Christians. Naturally, their beliefs spill into their music (it can't be contained!) as they express what is inside of them through the unique gifts God has blessed them with. This is plainly evidenced by reading the lyrics from their latest album - Satellite.

However, P.O.D. does not "label" themselves a Christian band. They don't want to be categorized. Their music and message is for all peoples, everywhere, regardless of beliefs. (www.thesouthtown.com Official Fan site)

The drummer Wuv/Noah Bernard and lead singer Sonny Sandoval are cousins. Wuv's dad was the biggest dope dealer in their part of South San Diego. One day he had a conversion experience and is now clean. He took Wuv along with him and he changed as well. Sonny went along too but it wasn't until his mom died of cancer that he gave his life to God as his mother's last request. The rest is history. Jason Truby their new guitarist is from another Chistian band called Living Sacrifice and Traa Daniels is the original bassist. Just some more info.

Thanks for clarifying Blazer

Edited by INRIWarrior3

No doubt. I got to meet them all after a show in Austin. They are true brothers in Christ.

Jah Warriors ride on... ;) B)

Set your eyes to Zion,

Apollo