An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Pick One European Country...

Paladin D

The Shire!!! Oh yeah... but New Zealand's not part of Europe... is it?

It's a place I'd love to see though!

No, New Zealand is not part of Europe. We're on the direct opposite side of the world from Europe, in fact :P

Kilroy the Ninja

Oh Uncle Gus I know where NZ is... I failed at sarcasm there. But wow, you live in NZ??!!! I didn't realize. It looks like an absolutely beautiful country! Is it as diverse (in terms of geography) as it appears in the movies? (Not just LOTR).

Yeah, the main building is amazing, it always reminds me of Hogwarts. :lol: We also have lots of horrible 60s concrete monstrosities though!

This isn't a very good picture since it was a horrible day (it usually is here. :rolleyes: )

post-2-1068149791.jpg

Haha... Yeah... It was one of the reasons I applied... yes I blame Harry Potter too, partially.. I thought the movie sucked but the buildings were beautiful... I heard they filmed flying lessons at Oxford...

Have you ever seen Warwick? It's terrible... Not ONE old building... yikes!

Ash Wednesday

I'm hoping to attend graduate school in London. I would love to live in the U.K., Norway, or Sweden. Min pojkvän bor i Norge och Sverige, men han är Polsk. (My boyfriend is Polish but is a Swedish citizen living in Norway. Some days it's really hard being apart for the time being. Will you all please pray for us???)

Not exactly a lot of Catholics in Scandinavia, but the ones that are, are pretty devout. Attending Mass in Norway was like attending Mass at World Youth Day because a lot of Catholics there are immigrants... lots of people of different nationalities. :)

Edited by Ash Wednesday