An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Pick One European Country...

Paladin D

You've never been to dinner in a fine French restaurant with a dog, huh? :P And the streets of Paris aren't clean - they apparently don't have pooper scooper laws -- and pets on the streets are plentiful. The French seem to be crazy for their pets. I love Paris anyway! Especially Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur. :) :D The most helpful people in Europe to me were the French. Of course, this was before Iraq . . . nine years ago.

ok ok ok can we chill with all the french bashing?!?

It is really clean b/c they change the trash like 3 times a day in Paris and I've been there a couple times and I never saw any mushy mud pie. I have family and friends there who are really really nice good folks that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it and ya'll are givin them such a hard time!!!

It is the most beautiful city in the world, and after a glass of wine you can see past all their faults and just vivez la bonne vie!

My dad's side of the family's mostly Brits so I'd choose the UK out of convenience... After all these years I'm still stoked as to how the British are always portrayed as being genteel in American shows... haha.. wait till you see their football (soccer to you guys I suppose) matches... ROW-DEE...

But yeah, otherwise, somehow they're always oddly polite...

Otherwise, I'd say France though~ It's Amelie's fault... They have some funny sky in France... There was this scene where Amelie was visiting her dad and the sky was kinda cloudy, but GREEN... And Jean-Pierre Jeunet said it wasn't an effect... *Crikey!* haha~

Joan of Arc: "God is French!"

ok ok ok can we chill with all the french bashing?!?

It is really clean b/c they change the trash like 3 times a day in Paris and I've been there a couple times and I never saw any mushy mud pie. I have family and friends there who are really really nice good folks that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it and ya'll are givin them such a hard time!!!

It is the most beautiful city in the world, and after a glass of wine you can see past all their faults and just vivez la bonne vie!

Hey, did you read my post? I said I love Paris, that the French were the most helpful in Europe when I was there? I'd kiss a Frenchman on both cheeks any day!

Likos

Kilroy the Ninja

Even though I took French, I would probably pick Italy. So much history!! And of course, the Vatican!

Tuscany is so beautiful and the food is to die for. And they are not all upity about the wine.

Yeah, Italy.

Ciao baby!

B)

Kilroy the Ninja

The Shire!!! Oh yeah... but New Zealand's not part of Europe... is it?

It's a place I'd love to see though!

Why go to England?

Go to Scotland. It's much nicer. That's where I would live.

You obviously have excellent taste. ;)

I live in Scotland but some day I'd like to live in France or Italy.

When you mean the UK, you gotta say 'the UK' and not 'England'. Us Scots don't like being called English. It is a big insult to us. It'd be like calling Catholics, Protestants!!

Ellenita!!! I drank some Lady Gray tea in your honor last night!!! Tonight I will do some English Breakfast . . . but tomorrow I'm doing Irish Breakfast, because I just can only have so much of you darn Brittish!!

And where can I get those triangular pouch tea bags!!!

Haha Joolye.. It's like what Ewan McGregor said in Trainspotting... which I won't post here cos there're too many s**te's in it...

Almost went to Scotland too... University of Glasgow~ Oh well...