An Old School Catholic Message Board

why did god create the damned?

infinitelord1

Another point is that if God did not create those who die in mortal sin and beaver dam themselves, He would be only creating creatures who are in accord with His Will, denying His creation free will.

Free will is an indication of just how much God desires to be loved i.e. by creating humankind with free will and the ability to choose to love Him or not.

I think that is probably pretty much what Aloysius has stated already.

"Beaver dam" is another tweaking by Administration to represent "d>amn".

• 1 year later...

I have had a question/statement that is very similar. I am a believer, I also know that I'm a sinner, I love the Father and the Son. During my waking hours, I can battle sin and be successful in most cases (not always). However, in my sleep (when I dream) evil attacks the hardest and I have no control, unable to reason, I fail all the time. Which leads me to believe that this is my true nature and will lead me to damnation. I don't call that a choice!! I call that chosen to fail/condemned!

It's not a sin if you don't consciously choose it. What happens in dreams is not consciously chosen.

God forgives any sin (no matter how grave) of those who ask forgiveness. He doesn't (necessarily?) forgive those who don't ask for it. We know that God loves all those he creates (including you); If you love God, then chances of damnation are very slim. 

Can some theologian in the Pham please explain this better than I just tried to?