An Old School Catholic Message Board

More Mel...

Jake Huether

Spiritual_Arsonist

it's too bad Mel couldn't anchor the news and bump off Elizabeth Vargas and her trash about Jesus being married.

I second Lil Red Devil's proposal.

Seatbelt Blue

it's too bad Mel couldn't anchor the news and bump off Elizabeth Vargas and her trash about Jesus being married.

Don't blame the anchor. She didn't write the dang thing, did she?

who knows? maybe it was her idea. you never know if it was the reporter or the networks that come up with some of that stuff.

Seatbelt Blue

who cares if she wrote it; she said it.

That's awfully unkindg. I am inclined to believe she doesn't have a strong opinion one way or the other - most people don't - and she's just doing her job. Is a soldier responsible for the orders he is given?

ryanmeyersmusic

what does it really matter if jesus was married or not? i don't think that he was, but it wouldn't contradict a bit of church teaching if he were.

what does it really matter if jesus was married or not?  i don't think that he was, but it wouldn't contradict a bit of church teaching if he were.

Uh, yes it would.

Btw, any idea if Gibson is going to be the father in the show?

what does it really matter if jesus was married or not?  i don't think that he was, but it wouldn't contradict a bit of church teaching if he were.

it would matter. What about the apostolic tradition of priests that have to be celibate? That came from the apostles, which came from, uh, I don't know, Jesus? ;)

Becuase then it woudl contradict everything the church teaches. And if I were asked to anchor what that program was about I would have a moral obligation as a Catholic to not do it. I wouldnt do it and i would hope ne other catholic with sense would say that trash regardless if they wrote it.