An Old School Catholic Message Board

My World Civ. Class And My Teacher.....

VeraMaria

Thanks for all your replies in the other thread. :)

OK, in response to some questions:

My parents don't care. Let's put it that way. They are the "the less trouble there is the better" type of people. They're more lukewarm than lukewarm Catholics, they say "Ay, Vera, don't make all that troible for nothing, it's a class, Don't make such a fuss...."

I'm not criticizing them, I love them to death. But they just don't understand.

So I tried to take matters into my own hands. Sort of.

Boettner's Roman Catholicism is trash. I know that for a fact. I told my teacher that (politely, mind you!), and had plenty of evidence to back it up. All that's got me is my teacher's wrath (gotta love those vocabulary words). Now he picks on me every opportunity he gets.

Mr. ________: During the 60's, the Catholic Church went through radical changes. (looks at me). Or maybe Ms. Sapelli (my last name) knows better. (comes up to me). Huh? Anything to add to that???

(Vera shakes head (wish I had morte courage. I don't).

Mr. ________: The Catholic Church felt it was loosing a lot of "members", and that it better change some of it's doctrines to suit the more modern generations. (Vera raises hand). What NOW, little Miss Know-it-all??

(Vera starts to speak)

Mr. ___________; You think you are so smart, don't you! Well, I have news for you! I have (rattles off list of degrees and stuff he has earned when he was studying history at trhe University). So YOU better mend that ATTITUDE and remember that you're in a CLASSROOM, I AM the tEACHER, YOU'RE the STUDENT. I will not tolerate that type of behavior in my classroom. Is that clear. IS THAT CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Vera slumps in her seat. Class snickers. Nasty remarks)

That's pretty much the way it goes now. He doesn't even give me a CHANCE to speak!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reallly sorry to be posting something that doesn't really concern any of you, but I have to take my frustration SOMEWHERE, my friends think I'm just making a fuss about nothing.

littleflower+JMJ

when ever he turns arounds splash holy water on him, and watch him sizzle and melt.

well not really....

i'm praying for you vera!! being catholic is soo hard.

keep ur head up girl! don't let him get to you!

there will always be dumb ppl like that all thru life.

pray for them.

and don't let him win!

grow ever stronger in your faith cuz of this

and can see you now vera! in anoher 6 yrs or so you go back to him after getting a doctorate in catholic theology and philosophy and you telling him the way it is!

that would be nice!!

God bless vera! and know your phamily is cheering you on...

+JMJ

thanks flowery.

it's just that it's so EASY to talk about being persecuted, but when it's actually DOING it, it;s so hard. I mean, you don't know what it's LIKE at my school. :(

You feel as if you're all alone. In a hopeless cause.

thanks flowery.

it's just that it's so EASY to talk about being persecuted, but when it's actually DOING it, it;s so hard. I mean, you don't know what it's LIKE at my school. :(

You feel as if you're all alone. In a hopeless cause.

if you don't mind my asking, what school do you go to?

littleflower+JMJ

yeah been down that road before.

dont worry girl!

it'll only make you stronger.

turn to the saints, teh Blessed Mother... just pray and they'll take care of the rest!

;)

Vera,

Man, I really feel for you with this situation. That's really too bad that your parents don't want to do anything about it. But that doesn't mean you should just sit there while your teacher disses you and your Church.

The fact that he has history degrees means nothing. Look at all the "experts" on ABC's show on the DaVinci code who had no idea what they were talking about. They had no historical evidence to back up their claims, so their arguments were nothing more than (blasphemous) hot air. People with agendas against the Catholic Church often don't make any sense at all. Why? Because there aren't any valid reasons for condemning the Catholic Church. Why again? 'Cause it's the Truth.

So, if your teacher doesn't listen, I would suggest you take it to the principal as a next step.

If worse comes to worse, you can email me your school address, and I'll write telling how anti-Catholicism like that should have no place in your school.

God bless you for keeping the Faith,

Jennifer

Vera,

If you could, email or send a message to Matthew Bunson's history forum on EWTN. You could get his opinion, and he's considered an expert. He's an author, too, which is especially good if your teacher is intent on playing the credentials game.

God bless,

Jen

Vera,

Man, I really feel for you with this situation.  That's really too bad that your parents don't want to do anything about it.  But that doesn't mean you should just sit there while your teacher disses you and your Church.

The fact that he has history degrees means nothing.  Look at all the "experts" on ABC's show on the DaVinci code who had no idea what they were talking about.  They had no historical evidence to back up their claims, so their arguments were nothing more than (blasphemous) hot air.  People with agendas against the Catholic Church often don't make any sense at all.  Why?  Because there aren't any valid reasons for condemning the Catholic Church.  Why again?  'Cause it's the Truth.

So, if your teacher doesn't listen, I would suggest you take it to the principal as a next step.

If worse comes to worse, you can email me your school address, and I'll write telling how anti-Catholicism like that should have no place in your school.

God bless you for keeping the Faith,

Jennifer

Thanks!

I tried by just standing up for my Faith in class.

I don't know about the principal. I mean, I WOULD tell him, but come on, I've seen the way things go. He's in the FACULTY, been in the school for decades, I'm a FRESHMAN (freshgirl?) with a reputation for causing trouble when "it comes to religion". :angry: :(

Vera,

If you could, email or send a message to Matthew Bunson's history forum on EWTN.  You could get his opinion, and he's considered an expert.  He's an author, too, which is especially good if your teacher is intent on playing the credentials game.

God bless,

Jen

I'll try that. Thanks a bunch, Jen!!!

God Bless,

Vera

Spiritual_Arsonist

Mr. ___________; You think you are so smart, don't you! Well, I have news for you! I have (rattles off list of degrees and stuff he has earned when he was studying history at trhe University). So YOU better mend that ATTITUDE and remember that you're in a CLASSROOM, I AM the tEACHER, YOU'RE the STUDENT. I will not tolerate that type of behavior in my classroom. Is that clear. IS THAT CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vera,

Did your teacher do this? If he or she did, you need to talk to your principal or dean. This type of behavior is not very academic or professional. Just because this guy has a bunch of degrees does not mean he know the church.

I encourage you, pursue the teacher.

Good look, I will pray for you.

Vera,

Did your teacher do this? If he or she did, you need to talk to your principal or dean. This type of behavior is not very academic or professional. Just because this guy has a bunch of degrees does not mean he know the church.

I encourage you, pursue the teacher.

That's pretty much what he said. He said a couple of other words too (which I prefer not to list...there is a fiddler.... )

I'll try to talk to the principal. Although I feel stupid. I mean, what do i say "I don't like my teacher. He is short-tempered and teaches trash, then takes it out on me. Yes, I know he's a certified teacher. Yes, I know he's been here for years. No, I'm not being picky...."

:ph34r:

Thanks for your prayers. Maybe they should be for him.