An Old School Catholic Message Board

My World Civ. Class And My Teacher.....

VeraMaria

You better get some help, talk to the principle or anything. This type of behavior is freakin wrong.

You live in Florida right? If I was a couple years older, I would personally drive down there and give that pathetic, moronic bigot, a piece of my mind.

You better get some help, talk to the principle or anything.  This type of behavior is freakin wrong.

You live in Florida right?  If I was a couple years older, I would personally drive down there and give that pathetic, moronic bigot, a piece of my mind.

:D

Hey, that would be good. B)

"My big bro is comin'.....you better watch out....."

:D

:P

Guest jrob8503

I don't know what kind of teacher relates serious discussion with attitude. Next time, don't stop talking. What's he gonna do? You are not verbally assaulting him. His case wouldn't hold up anywhere, and his degrees are as valid a toilet paper.

Edited by jrob8503

I don't know what kind of teacher relates serious discussion with attitude.  Next time, don't stop talking.  What's he gonna do?  You are not verbally assaulting him.  His case wouldn't hold up anywhere, and his degrees are as valid a toilet paper.

*gulp*

Maybe I should try....

Whatever, it can't get worse....

or can it... :unsure: :ph34r:

Vera,

Don't let the fact that he's a principal and you're just a young student get in the way! Look at St. Joan of Arc.

God doesn't like the anti-Catholicism you're being taught, and He'll come to your aid if you ask Him to. He wants you to be the victor, so you have nothing to worry about, 'cause look Who you've got on your side! :)

Write down some of your objections against Boettner's book, print out the things about it from Catholic Answers, right down the correct Catholic teaching, point out that your Church is being slandered, and tell your principal that you're not going to stand for that, and that if he doesn't do anything about it, you're not afraid to take it to the next level and get other people involved when it comes to your religious rights.

God bless,

Jen

littleflower+JMJ

you know if you tell them that your going to take it higher they get scared!

for reals.

even threaten to fight all it takes to get them attention (bluff by saying you'll contact the media to get them to get their act together, dont do it but bluff it and they'll belive you)

you haev a catholic govenor. i would. ;)

pray though, how you should handle this situation....

st. michael is on your side hermana....

like our POpe JOhn Paul II said,.." Do not Be Afraid!"

littleflower+JMJ

bluff and say that you will contact the media to get their attention and let others nkow about it.

tell them you'll take it higher if they dont' listen to you.

as high as you need to..

they'll get scared. even if you just bluff.

sometimes you have to scare ppl to wake up.

and plus you have a cahtolic govenor! ;)

Thanks again, flowery! B)

I'm too tired to think. I have to wake up early to study Spanish verb conjugations. Unafortunately that fun World. Civ. class isn't my only class.

I'm going to bed. :rolleyes:

Good night.

Thanks everyone,

God Bless, :D

Vera

you might be able to get this guy in trouble b/c he isn't supposed to be talking about church stuff in public schools anyway. it sounds like he is seriously voilating the no Go/religion in public schools rule - you should see your principle or call or write the school board if you want to stop this guy. you really should b/c he is poisoning the minds of his other students.

Vera, :( I feel for you. I really do. :( I feel so bad. In the short time I've known you here on this board, I feel like I really have come to "know" you. ;) Keep praying for him, and for your school. But, girl, you really need to take it to someone else. That teacher has no right to harass you because of your religion. Freedom of religion, baby. ;) If the public schools can use the law to turn against religion, you can use it, too. He cannot treat you that way because of your religion. You need to keep standing up to him, and tell someone else. I'm praying for you hard, girl. You are going through this for a reason. You may not know it now, but there is a reason for this persecution.

MORNING PRAYER

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ I will begin this day. I thank you, Lord, for having preserved me during the night. I will do my best to make all I do today pleasing to You and in accordance with Your will. My dear mother Mary, watch over me this day. My Guardian Angel, take care of me. St. Joseph and all you saints of God, pray for me... (followed by Daily Offering)

DAILY OFFERING

O Jesus, through the immaculate heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of your sacred heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, the reunion of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all the apostles of prayer, and in particular for those recom- mended by our Holy Father this month.

PRAYER TO OUR LADY

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen.

THE UNIVERSAL PRAYER (attributed to Pope Clement XI)

Lord, I believe in you: increase my faith.

I trust in you: strengthen my trust.

I love you: let me love you more and more.

I am sorry for my sins: deepen my sorrow.

I worship you as my first beginning,

I long for you as my last end,

I praise you as my constant helper,

And call on you as my loving protector.

Guide me by your wisdom,

Correct me with your justice,

Comfort me with your mercy,

Protect me with your power.

I offer you, Lord, my thoughts: to be fixed on you;

My words: to have you for their theme;

My actions: to reflect my love for you;

My sufferings: to be endured for your greater glory.

I want to do what you ask of me:

In the way you ask,

For as long as you ask,

Because you ask it.

Lord, enlighten my understanding,

Strengthen my will,

Purify my heart,

and make me holy.

Help me to repent of my past sins

And to resist temptation in the future.

Help me to rise above my human weaknesses

And to grow stronger as a Christian.

Let me love you, my Lord and my God,

And see myself as I really am:

A pilgrim in this world,

A Christian called to respect and love

All whose lives I touch,

Those under my authority,

My friends and my enemies.

Help me to conquer anger with gentleness,

Greed by generosity,

Apathy by fervor.

Help me to forget myself

And reach out toward others.

Make me prudent in planning,

Courageous in taking risks.

Make me patient in suffering, unassuming in prosperity.

Keep me, Lord, attentive at prayer,

Temperate in food and drink,

Diligent in my work,

Firm in my good intentions.

Let my conscience be clear,

My conduct without fault,

My speech blameless,

My life well-ordered.

Put me on guard against my human weaknesses.

Let me cherish your love for me,

Keep your law,

And come at last to your salvation.

Teach me to realize that this world is passing,

That my true future is the happiness of heaven,

That life on earth is short,

And the life to come eternal.

Help me to prepare for death

With a proper fear of judgment,

But a greater trust in your goodness.

Lead me safely through death

To the endless joy of heaven.

Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Theologian in Training

Thanks for all your replies in the other thread. :)

OK, in response to some questions:

My parents don't care. Let's put it that way. They are the "the less trouble there is the better" type of people. They're more lukewarm than lukewarm Catholics, they say "Ay, Vera, don't make all that troible for nothing, it's a class, Don't make such a fuss...."

I'm not criticizing them, I love them to death. But they just don't understand.

So I tried to take matters into my own hands. Sort of.

Boettner's Roman Catholicism is trash. I know that for a fact. I told my teacher that (politely, mind you!), and had plenty of evidence to back it up. All that's got me is my teacher's wrath (gotta love those vocabulary words). Now he picks on me every opportunity he gets.

Mr. ________: During the 60's, the Catholic Church went through radical changes. (looks at me). Or maybe Ms. Sapelli (my last name) knows better. (comes up to me). Huh? Anything to add to that???

(Vera shakes head (wish I had morte courage. I don't).

Mr. ________: The Catholic Church felt it was loosing a lot of "members", and that it better change some of it's doctrines to suit the more modern generations. (Vera raises hand). What NOW, little Miss Know-it-all??

(Vera starts to speak)

Mr. ___________; You think you are so smart, don't you! Well, I have news for you! I have (rattles off list of degrees and stuff he has earned when he was studying history at trhe University). So YOU better mend that ATTITUDE and remember that you're in a CLASSROOM, I AM the tEACHER, YOU'RE the STUDENT. I will not tolerate that type of behavior in my classroom. Is that clear. IS THAT CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Vera slumps in her seat. Class snickers. Nasty remarks)

That's pretty much the way it goes now. He doesn't even give me a CHANCE to speak!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reallly sorry to be posting something that doesn't really concern any of you, but I have to take my frustration SOMEWHERE, my friends think I'm just making a fuss about nothing.

I missed this thread. Vera, you are in good company, when I was a minor seminarian studying on a college campus, I was called in more than once. One time I remember her calling me in to ask what I want to talk about...she started to make it a game of trying to get me to see it her way. However, it all abruptly ended when she taught something that was pantheistic and pulled the same thing your teacher did, though indirectly...she was trying to push me to raise my hand. Comments like, if anyone has a problem, blah blah. Finally, I did raise my hand, asked her a question, forgot exactly how I worded it, or systematized it, but whatever I asked, she was quite upset when she had to, in front of class, tell me she didn't know the answer. She then proceeded to go on the same tirade as your own teacher, telling me how I shouldn't question her, how she is to be educating me, and all about what education should be.

Needless to say, she never called me into her office again. I think my greatest strength in even asking the question was knowing that I was no longer a religious studies major, had changed over to English, and therefore, had to endure this class, and never have to take another religion class at that University.

You should know that you are not alone in this, and a lot of professors figure if they can humiliate or change your mind that they have succeeded in their own private task.

Trust in God, these things happen for a reason. Believe that, and don't be too disillusioned, he may have his own struggles, and you have become the scapegoat for that Church that he seems to have a problem with. Sometimes the best defense is what St. Francis of Assissi suggests, preaching without words. If the situation licits words, still be kind....if they see that you are sincere and not too phased by his insults and attacks, he has two options, give up or get more angy. He really is limited in his options.

You are in my prayers.

God Bless

Mary's Knight, La

Vera,

Don't forget about St. Kolbe, when the nazis came to take him and the monks he responded with humor "We're going on a trip, and our fare is paid." Look to him for inspiration.

Also, of course, look to Christ. He as much as said He could call angels to His defense if He wished, yet instead He took the long walk to the top of the hill. pray that your suffering may be joined to His, and offered as reparation (perhaps especially for your teacher)

I will however pray for you that if it is God's will your suffering might be lessened.

Someone said bluffing about calling the media might work, I suggest rather informing the principal that the teacher is violating your right to practice your religion (part of practicing the faith is being ready to spread the truth) and that if an acceptable course fo action is not taken you will go to the media, then if nothing happens contact the media. Send a letter to the editor for your local paper. Send a brief but explanatory letter to the local news. Send copies of each to the principle at the school's address, and to the school board, with a seperate letter saying that for purposes of openness you're giving them the exact same information you sent to the media