An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clubworthy Catholic Songs?

Fat Buddha

MarysLittleFlower

I think that if the club has kind of a Catholic Underground vibe, it's not only not bad but very beneficial.  After an hour of guided adoration, we would gather in the church basement for fellowship and music, usually something kind of hip-hoppy.  Confessions were heard by several priests all night with lines out the door for confession, it was attended by many of the area's religious sisters and brothers but mostly to young adults in their 20s and 30s.  I agree that most secular clubs are pretty slimy and a place for hooking up but, a there is no reason that it has to be that way, in fact at Catholic underground had a pretty strong contingent of mantilla-heads.  It's nice to have a Catholic social that's not a stuffy church picnic or a box of basement doughnuts covered in preschoolers. 

i think that's different - my concern was with the worldly clubs and club dancing. If I was part of planning an event like what you describe I just wouldn't have the dancing and concentrate on fellowship, just my opinion. 

Not all young people listen to the same type of music though;) I'd probably have something like Audrey Assad if it was my event haha..

Edited by MarysLittleFlower