An Old School Catholic Message Board

This is awesome

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

From the ninth station of the cross given by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger before his election as Benedict XVI:

[b]Lord, your Church often seems like a boat about to sink, a boat taking in water on every side. In your field we see more weeds than wheat. The soiled garments and face of your Church throw us into confusion. Yet it is we ourselves who have soiled them! It is we who betray you time and time again, after all our lofty words and grand gestures. Have mercy on your Church; within her too, Adam continues to fall. When we fall, we drag you down to earth, and Satan laughs, for he hopes that you will not be able to rise from that fall; he hopes that being dragged down in the fall of your Church, you will remain prostrate and overpowered. But you will rise again. You stood up, you arose and you can also raise us up. Save and sanctify your Church. Save and sanctify us all.[/b]

:cool:

Mickey's_Girl

LOVE IT! Putting the (church) house in order (with HUMILITY!) is a great, great thing. I'm fascinated to see what happens next. Go Benedict!

littleflower+JMJ

"Man, he wasn't even done with the Urbi et orbi and I was wanting his first encyclical already."
--Jimmy Akin :D :D :rolling: :cool: :sweat:

I've been walking around with a big smile plastered on my face since the announcement. :D The corny media news reports aren't even getting me too down--I know they're upset because they know they lost.

I got home awhile ago, and I'm so glad I have phatmass to share my hyper- happiness with-- I logged on this afternoon, but I had to get on again now and spend my energy, I thanked God in prayer so much, sang, went for a quick walk, but am still so hyped up...I'm watching the encore with a really lousy connection :P and am getting anxious watching the part when they're waiting for the announcement-- it's contagious. :cyclops:

geetarplayer

Does anyone else find it cool in a God sort of way that the next World Youth Day was scheduled to be in Germany?

-Mark

yep, I heard on the radio that amazon.com is already overloaded with requests.

The talk show host Laura Ingraham, was saying this in response to a New York times article which said there was mixed feeling on the papal election. The host knocked down the silly assertion the article made that the Pope got a mixed reaction when he stepped out...hahah as if :rolleyes: ... the host played back that crazy amount of cheering our new Holy Father received... Faithful Catholics are thrilled. I hate the stupid media spin.

Anyways,
I have his book on the liturgy
The Spirit of the Liturgy-- I read it so long ago. I have to reread it now, maybe this weekend. :) :cool: I ordered God With Us, his book on the Eucharist, and if I get it soon I'll take a look at that this weekend.

its SO awesome that WYD is gonna be in his homeland this year... his homily is gonna rock our sox i'm sure :D

<<goes off to find a copy of spirit of the liturgy>>