An Old School Catholic Message Board

HardBall...

M.A.N.

[quote name='Sinner' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:26 PM'] Pope Benedict .......YESSSSSSSSS
(My Confirmation Name!)
If I see one more liberal Nun in street clothes dissing the new Papa on CNN I think I will vomit! [/quote]
me too.

Ash Wednesday

I initiated a conversation with my heterodox friend -- started with some gentle joke that I really don't know how to predict popes :) and I could definitely tell she was really NOT happy about it, and I just decided to not go there. :mellow:

I think she was really TO'ed. I think trying to tell her to "give him a fair shake" would have made her even angrier. She's going to have to somehow learn to deal with it in her own time on her own, I guess. If people are really "open" then they ought to chill and deal with it and get to know the man.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:35 PM'] I initiated a conversation with my heterodox friend -- started with some gentle joke that I really don't know how to predict popes :) and I could definitely tell she was really NOT happy about it, and I  just decided to not go there.   :mellow:

I think she was really TO'ed. I think trying to tell her to "give him a fair shake" would have made her even angrier. She's going to have to somehow learn to deal with it in her own time on her own, I guess. If people are really "open" then they ought to chill and deal with it and get to know the man. [/quote]
exactly.

i mean if i were these ppl--I would be worried and wondering why I am so upset when it was the HOLY SPIRIT leading the Church and made the choice....... and be stressing why my choice was waaaay off from God's :blink: :unsure:

some should work on rather trying to concession with it all if i happened to be unhappy with it or something........instead of being angry

but then alot who are, are unhappy due to not following teachigns or holding views that contradict the Church herself...... *sigh*

its not something that was random like winning numbers in the lottery...

thank God that we have such a faithful and good servant as our shepard of the Church! :wub:

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Apr 20 2005, 03:48 AM'] exactly.

i mean if i were these ppl--I would be worried and wondering why I am so upset when the HOLY SPIRIT leading the Church and made the choice....... but rather try and consolidate with it all if i happened to be unhappy with it........

but then alot who are, are unhappy due to teachigns or views that contradict the Church herself...... *sigh*

its not something that was random like winning numbers in the lottery... [/quote]
Amen!!!!! Thats what the Uber trads dont realise.. that the Holy Spirit is behind it all.. hes the director of the Catholic Church

[quote name='argent_paladin' date='Apr 19 2005, 09:27 PM'] They didn't really answer the question. If they are looking for community and fellowship, then why the CATHOLIC church? Why not other churches? Why not Mormonism?

And why any church? Why not a sowing club? Or a bowling league? Or a book group?

What is it, for them, that makes them seek community in the Catholic church? They don't even make sense in their own context.
[/quote]
yes, it's sad that these "representatives" of the Church don't bring up the Eucharist...the source and summit of all Christian life....we need to pray for these religious that have been led astray...

The media always chooses to interview "cafeteria Catholics" and even self-described lapsed Catholics, and insinuates that if the Church is to survive it must conform to the opinions of those who have already lost the Faith - Absurd!

And they keep referring to the orthodox teachings of Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI as "ultraconservative" and the like, as if this was some extreme political wing within the Church, rather than just teaching what the Church has always taught!

[quote]They didn't really answer the question. If they are looking for community and fellowship, then why the CATHOLIC church? Why not other churches? Why not Mormonism?

And why any church? Why not a sowing club? Or a bowling league? [/quote]

My thoughts exactly . . . "F--- it, Dude, let's go bowling" ~ The Big Lebowski.

sweetpea316

Gar :angry: ...the media greatly annoys me sometimes.
Of course they're going to pick certain types of people to interview...that's whats going to get their ratings and start talk about it all. So I guess they succeeded? Bah. Its a shame. But! When I get my degree in Radio, Television, and Film...watch out world! I'm gonna make some big changes in the media. ^_^ Or at least I'm gonna try.... God bless!

+LoveInChrist+
Rebecca

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 20 2005, 07:27 PM'] Put me on the show, I'll throw a hardball. [/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

The least educated American Catholics are the ones with the biggest mouth! I heard a poll that only 25% of American Catholics go to church and only 5% of American Catholics practice their faith (saying the rosary, ect.) daily. And the media wants the 75% of American Catholics who do not practice their faith to have an equal say in the church? On behalf of John Stossel, Give me a break......