An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does anyone else feel a little weird?

Zoecool13

littleflower+JMJ

i dont know but the more i see of Pope Benedict XVI the more I see JPII...i mean what was weird to me was NOT having a Pope lol

but the feeling of having Ratzinger is awesome and very comforting--he was with Pope JPII for 24 years......and now we have who JPII entrusted :wub:

as for the "getting use to" yeah it will take awhile im sure but im ready and excited to embrace someone with fond memories of the one Holy Fahter before! :clapping:

yes, i feel wierd too. I was sitting in chruch tonight thinking wow, "the pope" is no longer the same guy I usually refer to. I alomost feel empty just becuase its a different guy and i don't know anything about him.

daugher-of-Mary

I miss John Paul very much, and it does seem a little weird, but some how Benedict "fits" into the father role. I imagine JPII is smiling down on him! Seeing him in white was strange until I saw this picture today.
[img]http://www.repubblica.it/2003/e/gallerie/esteri/benefolla/reuters61182812004194853_big.jpg[/img]

Ash Wednesday

Someone in the press said we will see other sides to Pope Benedict, i.e. Herr Ratzinger, that many aren't aware of. Specifically someone said "He will surprise both his friends, and his enemies."

I have been keeping that phrase in mind.

I had some liberal friends in the past say horrible things about this man, making him sound like some mean, viscious, barking dog that John Paul had to keep on a chain. I never liked how disrespectful they were to him, though they managed to make me feel a bit afraid of him. But I honestly am warming up to him faster than I thought I would.

I suppose when you have cardinals vote him in as FAST as they did, as they know him better than most of us... they must know something that others don't.

So far, he reminds me of the old man everyone knows who lives down the street that kids would be scared of, but in fact would turn out to be a rather nice person.

franciscan13

very weird, jp2 is the only pope most of us have known. but we must remember every thing is going acording to Gods will " thy will be done" we just need to stay the course and keep the faith.