An Old School Catholic Message Board

For all the Ladies......

aloha918

my question to all of you ladies out there....is.....

Do you want to become priests?

i am never sure if this is debate is just an american thing...or universal thing......

Maybe a better question would be if......... you ladies think that it would be a good thing for the church to have women priests?

just a thought.....i was interested....im a guy i dont know these things.....just like a guy doesnt know what all of you girls do on a sleep over....hair, nails, etc.....these are things that guys assume....haha....but we really have no idea....

so what ya think?

Pax out...Aloha

stargirl3:16

No...it'd be too weird. :unsure:

Once for the parish mission, I was the reader. This included doing the greeting and using incense and such.

When I found out what I was doing, I was thinking,"This seems priest-like." I did it out of courtesy, but I wouldn't want to be a priest. A deaconess, maybe, but not a priest.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 20 2005, 11:46 AM'] You won't find many women campaigning for women priests here. :D [/quote]
hey i said ladies only.....haha...j/k

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='stargirl3:16' date='Apr 20 2005, 12:49 PM'] No...it'd be too weird. :unsure:

Once for the parish mission, I was the reader. This included doing the greeting and using incense and such.

When I found out what I was doing, I was thinking,"This seems priest-like." I did it out of courtesy, but I wouldn't want to be a priest. A deaconess, maybe, but not a priest. [/quote]
You can't be a deaconess, either. :P

Besides, deacons do a lot with incense and stuff, too.

No, I wouldn't want to be a priest. Simply because it would feel weird, and I would feel as if I am doing something wrong(which I would be). It's not my job and never will be so I'm not going to do anything about it.

[quote]Do you want to become priests?[/quote]
No

[quote]Maybe a better question would be if......... you ladies think that it would be a good thing for the church to have women priests?[/quote]
No, because it would go against the nature for which God has created us to be. There is no room in the priesthood for women which does not negate or lessen the dignity of woman...if anything, denying the priesthood to women embraces "feminism" (according to JPII's definition of feminism) and demands her dignity.

disturbedxfairy

i do not want to be a priest. i don't think there should be women priests. i don't think there should be married priests.

I don't want to be a priest - but sometimes I wish I was a guy so that I could be one...but no, that would be just wrong...so wrong...