An Old School Catholic Message Board

For all the Ladies......

aloha918

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='bookwyrm' date='Apr 20 2005, 06:01 PM'] I don't want to be a priest - but sometimes I wish I was a guy so that I could be one...but no, that would be just wrong...so wrong... [/quote]
Yes, it would be.

The secular culture is so confused and backward...allowing women priests would be sexism, not the other way around!

A firm NO.

This is about obedience and love for our faith. Not about pride and what WE want. And that's what it's become. It's about God's Will, not our own.

Find people who are for women priests and those same people are for abortion, same-sex marriages and every other thing our faith is against.

pax.

[quote name='aloha918' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:45 AM'] i am never sure if this is debate is just an american thing...or universal thing......

[/quote]
it's a minority thing blown up by the media to make it bigger than it is

FutureSoror

No, I've never had any desire to be a priest. It would just be unnatural. I think that people who are for women priests don't understand what the priesthood is.

NO! When men become priests they marry the Mother Church! It would be EXTREMELY unnatural for a woman to marry Mother Church. Besides, Mary showed us that you don't have to be a priest to be a wonderful Christian. God used her to show us women that it can be done!

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

No, the priesthood is not for women. We are called to serve as nurturers of the Church, whether that be as mothers or in the sisterhood.

+peace

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='Apr 20 2005, 07:54 PM'] No, the priesthood is not for women. We are called to serve as nurturers of the Church, whether that be as mothers or in the sisterhood.

+peace [/quote]
right :)

AndreaMercer

a lot of women have made really good points here

I would also say no and no. It's true that it would feel and be wrong, but mostly it comes down to the fact that the true feminine nature doesn't fit with the role "Father" plays. Also, I wanted to emphasize what someone said about that it is an exagerated minority who are getting the ear of the media on this issue. Men and women are made different, even on the inside. I have not been created to take part in that role, which doesn't offend me in the least.

I wouldn't want to become a priest, and i think it would be weird to have women priests. I'm not big on change, and this just seems like a very drastic change. I think its weird for women ushers, but our church is pushing for it.