An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Guys

Gunga_ann

What do you guys think about a girl asking you to prom?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

don't worry about it, because the guy you asked today probably feels like james bond now! lol seriously you made his day in all honesty. He probably told his whole family! nothing makes me feel better than to get a nice compliment from a female :P I was asked once to the prom too, but at the time unfortunately I was a very bad student -_- and left school 4 months before the end to catch up and finish. :( but i was happy for acouple weeks! and no i didn't feel like james bond, i felt more like indiana jones lol :rolling:

InCircles' brother

[quote name='Gunga_ann' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:54 PM'] I was just wondering. I asked a guy today (he said he would think about it) and I was just wondering. THanks! ^_^ [/quote]
well i hope its God's will and he goes with you

well, honestly, i wouldnt mind it b/c it would make things sooo much easier, but there jus smthg right about a guy askin a girl. its kinda a guy thing to do (i wouldnt say no to the easiness though ;) )

I wouldn't mind I guess, If they needed someone to go with. I have never been to any dances before, so than I really don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i go to an all girls school... and we host prom, so all the girls do the asking, I think that it is awesome that you asked him. what did he end up saying?

heyyoimjohnny

I don't think it would matter that much. It's all about mindset, though. Depends on the guy you'd be askin. I wouldn't get wierded out, but I'm sure there are guys who would...

Catholictothecore

I voted other. If there's attraction between two people, I don't think it really needs to be a single sex that does the asking. In fact, I know that there are some complexities involved with this kinda thing that are so insane, I'd die before I could actually ask the girl at school, and if I liked her and she lived nearby, she'd know before prom. Schools make me nervous.

And yes, I am homeschooled, but that doesn't make me or anyone else that doesn't go to public school less human when it comes to boy/girl nerves.

Thanks, this is getting interesting.
He called me like 2 days later and said that he thought it would be a good idea if we didn't go together, because he says that even though we are good friends, we arn't friends with each other's friends. Does that make sence? Anyway, Saturday was the dance, and the thing is, he didn't go. So, now I don't know.
Thanks! ^_^