An Old School Catholic Message Board

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FRIEND WHO JUST LOST HER DAD

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

If you live in Dallas or really the Dallas/Fort Worth area you will most likely see my friend's story as either the main story of the night or pretty close to it.

Early this afternoon her house caught fire. She is fine but her father did not make it out. She is in complete denial. She is scared and panicky. She doesn't know what to think, to do, or how to feel. She needs our prayers.

Her dad was the coolest guy on earth. He was nice and funny and just a great person to be around. She took care of him a lot but they definitely both needed each other. She has said before "I don't know what I would do if it weren't for my dad."

The only other relative we know of is her grandmother in California. They are not really on the best terms so you can see where this leaves her. She is alone. She is only 18. She is having to face something no kid should have to face. Not to mention, alone.

PLEASE
[b]PLEASE[/b]
PLEASE
keep her in your prayers.

Her name is Maggie and she really needs our support right now, even if she isn't asking for it or willing even to acknowledge it.

I can't even imagine how she must feel.

This is the third friend in two years to lose a parent, second where it was the only parent.

please pray.

God bless Maggie. Hold her close to you now especially. She needs you. Even though she may not acknowledge you, she needs you. Blessed Mother, keep your daughter close to your breast. Love her as only a mother can and keep her always. Lord Jesus, she needs you more than ever. Guardian angel, be with her this night. Watch her like you would myself and keep vigil with her. All the saints and angels, pray for her.

:sadder: thanks yall.

franciscanheart

i just watched the story on the news. the house is awful. the outside looks fine from the front view shot (except the roof is jaggedy) but the aerial shot shows you a completely destroyed inside.

they said

"firemen attempted to carry him out but were unable to because of the flames. they were forced to leave him behind and fight the fire from the outside."

:sadder:

franciscanheart

our theatre banquet is tomorrow night. i think it will be a somewhat somber event. i dont know how to acknowledge his passing and the suffering of our dear friend in an appropriate manner. (im the president so its not like i would just be standing up and saying something.) should i? i dont know.

this whole thing is just awful. :sadder:

franciscanheart

Thanks guys. I know the prayers will help!!

She is in complete denial. She partied it up on 4/20 pretending like nothing had happened. She wont talk about it. She wont allow herself to feel. She wont allow the hurt to come in and im afraid shes not going to allow herself to heal. you have to experience the pain before you can start to heal. you have to accept before you can fix. everyone knows that. anyone who has had to get over anything knows that.

she has huge denial problems.

please, PLEASE yall.... im begging of you on her behalf.... please pray!!

franciscanheart

im really worried about the funeral arrangements too. not for her dads sake so much but for her own. she's going to have to do this with the help of her friends and her friends family, but not her own. how sad. :sadder:

one of the counselors at school today (not even her own) offered her a place to stay if she needed it.

gosh she needs so many prayers its crazy. :(