An Old School Catholic Message Board

I think Papa B just saw your picture..

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Apr 27 2005, 04:49 PM'] I really like him :) [/quote]
me too ^_^

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Apr 27 2005, 05:42 PM'] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/fsfy007/Benedict%20XVI/eb6ee90e.jpg[/img] [/quote]
I must be honest...he kinda looks like Lloyd Bridges in that photo...

Ash Wednesday

He looks like the grandpa that would always tell jokes.

I have this picture from the latest issue U.S. News & World report that has him as a cardinal in 1979 at a conference calmly drinking a big ol' stein of beer. I think I'm going to make it my next avatar, it's so awesome.

Radarpriest

Hi this is my first time on here, Sorry about the spelling, God did not bless me with that gift but i do the best with the gifts i have.

The Holly Pontiff

Alot of great Theologians think we are in the 4th great awaking, this is a good and bad, and i am waiting to see what our Holly Father dose to move this great Catholic Church in this dificalted time, The world and the Church are standing on a knife, we need to understand what it means to truly be called catholic to overcome the populer caulter that tries to change the "truth" to fit themselfs. This is a Pope that has dificalt disisions to make I hope he is able to open himself up to the Holy Spirt to do the will of God not the will of man wich some Popes have done in the past. He is a man "that has to stand on the shoulders of giants" ~William C. Placher

[quote name='Radarpriest' date='Apr 27 2005, 10:21 PM'] Why is he the man we need [/quote]
Because he was chosen specifically at this time by the Holy Spirit Himself!

TRUST!

I am not quite sure who you are reffering too, but regardless I think I can answer...

God has a passive will and an active will... That is, sometimes God actively exerces his will by making something happen. And other times he lets things happen. Therefore, in the case of a "bad" Pope being elected, God allowed it to happen in order for a greater good to happen. So, the Holy Spirit is quite present in all situations, and especially in the case of the Conclave. We need to Trust in God's wisdom. He knows what is ahead, he would not have chosen or accepted Pope Benedict if it weren't for the good of his people and kingdom.