An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Paths

Paphnutius

I thought in light of all the people being accepted to this and that, that I might start a thread for people to say all in one place if they are starting a new path this summer for a vocation of any sort so that we may keep each other in our prayers.

hi,

It sounds kind of strange to write this now, but recently God has been tugging on my heart. I know that he wants me to be a priest, but i want it to be on his time. I am completely open to it, but i have no idea when i should take action......

Prayers are always helpful :)

I'm going on a vocational pilgrimage to Medjugorje, a place where five people reportedly receive visions from the Blessed Mother.

Though it is not approved by the church yet, since it is still ongoing, it should be a great time of prayer and deep discernment of my vocation, as I will be going with a recently ordained priest.

I could possibly be embarking on a new path. I was accepted to the Sister Servants in Alabama to enter as a postulant on August 15, although that's pending my loans getting paid off. I'm totally cool with waiting, though, if I need to since I have a full time job lined up that I can stick with if I need to (the joy of working for one's mom)!

medjugorje isn't about vocations though, it is about a style of life. Not that searching for a vocation is a bad thing, but just keep that in mind. Whatever path you choose, it is about being who Jesus wants and calls us to be.

I hope you believe. Mary is so amazing. THe power just flows from there, truly a time of grace.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Apr 27 2005, 10:03 PM'] I could possibly be embarking on a new path. I was accepted to the Sister Servants in Alabama to enter as a postulant on August 15, although that's pending my loans getting paid off. I'm totally cool with waiting, though, if I need to since I have a full time job lined up that I can stick with if I need to (the joy of working for one's mom)! [/quote]
Congrats on being accepted! Tonight was my first night praying with my new community at Compline. It was awesome. I hope such experiences will fill your life with your new community. That is odd, I begin my novitiate the day before you being your postulancey. Prayers.

ForHimAlone

I'm going to be spending a few days in June at the Cistercian monastery in Wisconsin. I am so joyful and I can not wait for my visit!

dude i wish we had monasteries around here. THe nearest one is in richardton which is like 4 hours away. :S

[quote name='jezic' date='Apr 27 2005, 11:05 PM'] medjugorje isn't about vocations though, it is about a style of life. Not that searching for a vocation is a bad thing, but just keep that in mind. Whatever path you choose, it is about being who Jesus wants and calls us to be.

I hope you believe. Mary is so amazing. THe power just flows from there, truly a time of grace. [/quote]
I never said it was.

I am saying I'm taking a vocational pilgrimage there. Meaning I'm going with a group of people considering the priesthood, along with a newly ordained priest.

Medjugorje has great fruits and in some cases it has sparked religious vocations.

Peace,

Eddie

Paphnutius

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='May 2 2005, 12:58 PM'] I'm going to be spending a few days in June at the Cistercian monastery in Wisconsin. I am so joyful and I can not wait for my visit! [/quote]
Wow Cistercian, you are a glutton for punishment eh? Joking. That is really cool. I do not think I could be that austere though...have fun!

[quote name='the_rev' date='May 2 2005, 03:50 PM'] I never said it was.

I am saying I'm taking a vocational pilgrimage there. Meaning I'm going with a group of people considering the priesthood, along with a newly ordained priest.

Medjugorje has great fruits and in some cases it has sparked religious vocations.

Peace,

Eddie [/quote]
i understand. It is just my general caution of not expecting to much.

I do hope it helps vocations.....

now to get the rest of the people considering to go there.....

JMJ
5/2 - St. Athanasius

No, gluttons for punishment become [i]Carthusians[/i]. ;)

Well, I suppose I am "starting anew" this fall - I'll be heading up to Mundelein in Chicago for four more years of seminary. I'll be ordained to the priesthood in 2009, [i]Deo volente[/i]... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: