An Old School Catholic Message Board

Corrupt campus minister

Craftygrl06

Waitaminute!!!

Is this the bread that is used for the mass?

If honey or something else is in it that shouldn't be

WRITE THE BISHOP IMMEDIATELY!

If they are using bread that cannot be consecrated, that is a huge issue. People are not getting the Eucharist.

Norseman82

[quote name='jezic' date='May 3 2005, 10:12 PM'] the true path is the narrow one that is hard and filled with thorns. You must walk it.

Turn the other cheeck. Bite your lip and be nice anyway.

Suffering is huge for the redemption of souls. [/quote]
This has to be the absolute WORST advice that could be given in this situation!!!

First, this is a matter of false accusation. NOBODY has an obligation to put up with false accusations if there is a legal moral way to clear their name.

Second, it only enables these people to keep on doing what they are doing.

Third, there is an official appeals mechanism to redress this wrong.

Fourth, it is a unique opportunity to put an end to the abuses and corruption going on.

thessalonian

[quote name='Norseman82' date='May 3 2005, 11:08 PM'] This has to be the absolute WORST advice that could be given in this situation!!!

First, this is a matter of false accusation. NOBODY has an obligation to put up with false accusations if there is a legal moral way to clear their name.

Fourth, it is a unique opportunity to put an end to the abuses and corruption going on. [/quote]
Amen! Preach it bro. Terrible advice. We have an obligation to speak when there is liturgical abuse. In chairty always, but the mass is not at a local parishes disposal. It is under the authority of the Church. Not the local pastor.

Blessings

Edited by thessalonian

this makes me so sad.. people thinking they are getting the Eucharist but really arent :sadder:

All I can say is write the Bishop and pray.. thats really all that can be done in this situation since the campus minister refuses to listen (atleast thats the drift I am getting)

otherwise, people continue to blindly go up believing they are recieving the Blessed Sacrament

RemnantRules

[quote]QUOTE (Norseman82 @ May 3 2005, 11:08 PM)
This has to be the absolute WORST advice that could be given in this situation!!!

Fourth, it is a unique opportunity to put an end to the abuses and corruption going on. [/quote]

was it just me but didn't Jesus get accused for false accusations??? hmm just a thought.

I would take both sides and combine them. I would speak with the campus director whether through letter or face to face, whatever is better for you. and I would notify your bishop your evidence, and always ALWAYS pray for them.

dspen2005

I am the friend who posted on facebook... apparently, as I have been told by one of the student "leaders" my post brought some people to tears because it was too insensitive.... There have been serious problems as craftygrl told you guys.... please pray for all of the orthodox Catholics at our school....

don't forget rachel.... if u go take me with you, cuz i want to talk to her as to why I was kicked off.... when i said nothing wrong....

Edited by dspen2005

thessalonian

I would say, I would be proud to be kicked off whether I said anything wrong or not. She was right in what she did say and it perhaps would be better to show your solidarity with what she said, rather than dwell on being wrongfully kicked off, which I agree you were. Just my 2 cents.

By the way if you continue to go to Mass there you need to find out what ingredients they use for their bread. Some of the bread is like you describe that I have seen used in Churches can be validly consecrated but is not according to regulations for the western Church. It has leaven in it. Some I have heard like someone said above has honey and other ingredients and I think it is likely that there may not be a valid consecration. i.e. no Mass. So you would not want to attend. I would call the Church office. Either way it isn't particularly good.

Blessings

Edited by thessalonian

cmotherofpirl

We are obliged to speak the truth until someone listens.
We are Catholic warriors, not Catholic mice.
We do not turn the other cheek to sin.

dspen2005

we are in the Diocese of Richmond... and as far as we know, the "funny bread" is no longer used.... Of course, we really dont know b/c we dont go to the CCM Masses anymore. what's more, Cardinal Keeler called the CCM minister for a "personal" meeting to discuss the serious problems that were occuring.... so.... things are supposed to be better, but obviously they aren't. There is a serious lack of good catechesis going at CCM....

Craftygrl06

yes as Dspen said The bishop and even the CARDINAL have been contacted but it appears that short of firing her this thing cannot be remedied. The campus minister is on a power trip and she can't handle the fact that GOD made the rules for the CHURCH to follow....we cannot pick and choose what we like about our religion and what we conveniently want to leave out!
WHAT'S MORE-when nun who is in charge of the campus ministries in this area was contacted she came down to hold a "forum" for "communication" ...so we could all sit down and talk this stuff out. Most of the CCM memebers were there and the orthodox members figured this was a chance for change....unfortunately it was more of an intervention to set all of us striaght. The nun backed up the campus minister completely. The main issue was the Kneeling or the lack thereof and she gtave us some carp about the CCM community being a "standing community"...a community of mostly healthy college students who most likely could kneel without issue, but they still stand. Anyways at this forum one of the members said that our orthodoxy had made her uncomfortable and that we made her feel bad about herself as a Catholic...and we were all supposed to feel sorry for her. Her exact words were "Can't I just be an OK Catholic?"

I will leave you with that as i'm sure that's enough for us all to ponder for now....

toledo_jesus

our new Bishop DiLorenzo would be more receptive to our concerns, but the problem is that nun is still the director for Campus ministries. So, if things go through the proper channels then bam. back to square one. Last year we didn't have an official Bishop, we still had Bishop Sullivan, who was pretty much notorious for certain things.
It's really quite hopeless, unless there is some sort of miracle. Either that, or we fight her to the last and get her fired. in which case we'd need to gather evidence. I don't really want her fired, I'd rather she just changed.