An Old School Catholic Message Board

Corrupt campus minister

Craftygrl06

dspen2005

we all hope that individuals who promote and/or tolerate heterodoxy woud change. but it seems, that if a few words from His Emminence Cardinal Keeler cannot completely straighten things out; only one thing will definitely (at least from the perspective of stopping heterodox promotion) -- dismissal. Dismissal from duty is a result of a failure to promote authentic Catholicism as proclaimed from the Second Vatican Council and perennially taught by the Church for over 2 millenia. Some people are still caught in the vapors of the "spirit of Vatican II".... by snuffing out the smell w/ something akin to lysol -- aka, recognizing and boldly stating what is wrong -- we can, at least, dampen the effects of such activities..... pray for us all here.... even more, pray for those who will remain at this campus -- aka craftygrl and toledo_jesus.

cmotherofpirl

Maybe it will take getting her fired to get her to change.

If she is not a faithful catholic she shouldn't have the job in the first place.

MilesChristi

[quote]Her exact words were "Can't I just be an OK Catholic?" [/quote]

No!

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God [b]with thy whole heart[/b], and [b]with thy whole soul[/b], and [b]with thy whole strength[/b]." Deut 6:5

What a sad approach this woman takes toward the Lord :(

argent_paladin

What about a petition? If you got signitures from say, 500 students, I think that perhaps the bishop would pay more attention.
I say recored each and every violation in a journal, be patient and pray. Gather support among students and others. When the time is right, you will be prepared.

toledo_jesus

I think we're going to write a letter this summer. that way they'll be focusing on her towards the beginning of next year.

thessalonian

[quote name='MilesChristi' date='May 4 2005, 07:38 PM']
No!

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God [b]with thy whole heart[/b], and [b]with thy whole soul[/b], and [b]with thy whole strength[/b]." Deut 6:5

What a sad approach this woman takes toward the Lord :( [/quote]
"would that you were hot or cold but that you are lukewarm I vomit you out of my mouth" comes to mind as well. It's in revelations.

journeyman

just to throw a secular slant on the strategy, the Bishop is working on parish assignments and reassignments right now. With 34 priests available for the 45 parishes requesting one, maybe he can find a more pressing assignment for the Sister.

From the local newspaper, quoting the Diocese's paper:
In the Richmond Diocese as of last fall, six of the 111 active priests were 70 or older, and 13 were between 65 and 69 . Twenty were between 60 and 64 , and 52 were in their 50s . Only 20 were younger than 50 years old , and only three of them were younger than 40 , according to the latest statistics available from the diocese’s Pastoral Planning Committee. The statistics were published last December in The Catholic Virginian, the diocese’s official newspaper.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='journeyman' date='May 5 2005, 09:16 PM'] just to throw a secular slant on the strategy, the Bishop is working on parish assignments and reassignments right now. With 34 priests available for the 45 parishes requesting one, maybe he can find a more pressing assignment for the Sister.

[/quote]
yeah, like in a convent somewhere.
The campus minister lady has to either change or go. she's not even a religious sister.