An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ordained To The Diaconate Tomorrow

Theologian in Training

philothea

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='May 9 2005, 11:10 AM'] Anyway, thank you for your many prayers. I appreciate them immensely. It is still a strange thing being ordained, and I don't know if it has fully sunk in.
[/quote]
I think we ought to be seeing a clergy icon by your posts, hm? :)

And are you going to share any pictures?

Congrats again!

Theologian in Training

[quote name='philothea' date='May 9 2005, 04:25 PM'] I think we ought to be seeing a clergy icon by your posts, hm? :)

And are you going to share any pictures?

Congrats again! [/quote]
I don't have any pics yet. I saw some, but those were those sent to my mom under her account.

One thing that happens that is quite beyond any explanation and all words fail in trying to explain it is when you are prostrate on the floor, in front of the tabernacle, with all the people around you, praying and invoking the Saints. I don't know how to explain it except that you can feel the people praying for you, and you feel the Holy Spirit descend upon you and fill every part of your being. Truly something that I will never be able to fully describe nor comprehend.

A lot of people I spoke to, non-Catholics and fallen aways told me how moved they were by that, and actually by the whole thing. My uncle, who had not been to Church in years, asked me to bless his golf clubs after my ordination because he attributes his going to Mass for having such a good game the next day :)

The unfortunate thing was many non-Catholics and those that should not have received did. I did not know about this until after the fact, and it saddens me that they did not have the knowledge or, in some cases, courteousy to not receive :(

As for the clergy title...all in due time. I was only ordained last Thursday and phatmass, like the Church, moves slow in important matters ;)

Thank You again for all prayers, they were much needed and very much appreciated.

God Bless

Theologian in Training

If anyone would be so kind as to host me, I have a lot of pictures from the ordination. Let me know...drop me a PM or email.

God Bless

CatholicAndFanatical

Theo I am so happy for you.

I watched an ordination on EWTN tonight, it was from Rome and an Encore. But I saw them lay prostrate while they prayed. Very awesome!

Its good to know we have one more Orthodox and faithful Priest in our midst.

Theologian in Training

I just found out there is a two page insert on my ordination in the diocesan paper. However, since I am new to the diocese I still don't get the paper and everyone I have talked to did not have a copy anymore :(

CatholicAndFanatical

SHould be able to order it from the diocese right?

Your Bishop should have a copy to give ya.

Congrats again Theo. I sure wish I could follow that path. Wierd how I would have an urge to do so..

Theologian in Training

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='May 18 2005, 11:11 AM'] I sure wish I could follow that path. Wierd how I would have an urge to do so.. [/quote]
Are you married?