An Old School Catholic Message Board

COLLEGE!

Catholictothecore

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Don't listen to your mom's attempts to keep you from going to the school you would have rather have gone to just because she said it was in a bad neighborhood (when actually the bad neighborhood is across the highway some... and the college is in a lovely residential area and the places looks like a beautiful place that's old and has lots of ivy all over everything and there is a Crucifix in every room you go, no matter what... :sadder: )

immaculata

I took the ACT once.. If possible, I'd highly reccommend going to some sort of study program beforehand if you're nervous. It really taught me some good test-taking strategies.

I'm not taking any AP tests, though. I signed up for the English Lit/Comp exam, but my counselor at Univ. of St. Francis told me it probably wasn't worth my time. Check with your college before you waste your time on AP's, to see if they'll actually accept the credits. So I'm out 13 bucks, but it's better than spending $82 and stressing myself out.

Speaking of stress.. I should probably stop PM'ing and go write that term paper that's due tomorrow. *sigh*

JMJ
5/5 - Sixth Thursday of Easter (Ascension Thursday)

*promenades around the room* I'm DONE with college this time next week! WOOHOO! :bounce:

Just take after me. Test... take the OTHER test (I took both SAT and ACT, I recommand you do)... apply... wait... panic... see aid offer... panic some more... interview for scholarships (this was, for me, the easiest part. I don't worry doring interviews, not my style, but asking a girl to prom, lol, cold sweat BEFORE even getting out the phone book, but interviewing three times for up to 20,000 dollars in scholarship money a year, cake walk... yes I am different)... panic when aid isn't enough still... talk with aid people... go to admitted student in Apr and laugh because you are done (Because the cool kids go ED) and have no more worries while all the others are panicing about that big 5/1.

[quote name='stargirl3:16' date='May 5 2005, 06:14 AM'] Arggh...AP tests...why did I take three classes???? [/quote]
my whole course is equilavlent to AP classes. ^_^

Oh yes, I do Seton. ^_^

Don't stress too much Cttc! Hmm..with a b-.....I don't know....I think it depends on the College? :huh:

Catholictothecore

The biggest reason I'm stresing is that I kinda ignored all this six months ago when it woulda made sense to be starting all this. As it is, I'm having to delay all my drivers trainin till this fall, so even if I do get into college in September, I'll be bussing it around for at least two months...