An Old School Catholic Message Board

~*~The Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus~*~

Chorusgirl

Chorusgirl

Hello!! My name is Marjorie Bax and im 18 years old. Graduation is coming soon, but what fills me with even greater anticipation and excitement is my entrance day!!

Count Down: 23 Days!!!

I began to speak with Sr. Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist in December of 2004 after receiving an email. My initial reaction was of shock and confusion, really unaware of what the cloistered life was truly about. I recall informing Sr. Mary Imelda how I would keep her and the order in my prayers, but still unsure of what to think about it. Instead, I placed my trust in God and His will, and realizing if I am truly going to surrender to God I must be open to any and all possibilities.

A while ago one of my sisters requested that I join a phorum she created called Vocation4u. She continued to insist and plead that I joined, to be honest I wasn't really interested but did so to please her. I have been discerning my vocation for a while and she knew this. I never thought that this simple action of signing up for a forum would have led me to this order though.

It turns out that although I never went on the phorum, it came to great use afterall, for that was how the Dominican order located me in the first place. What a blessing from God that was. I knew little to nothing about the order or the cloistered life, but desired to grow in knowledge of the order and to be open to the possibilty. When asking my parents if I could make a visit to see what there life was like, right away I was denied this opportunity. Not because my parents didn't wish for me to have this experiance, but because they found it to be too expensive to make a visit of that distance.

I then began to pray to God that His will be done and once again placed my trust in our Lord, that all would work out. Soon enough, within a few days a wonderful opportunity came about. Sr. Mary Imelda had to leave enclosure (which is quite rare) for community business, after no one having left in many years. She just happened to be at the airport near me, on a week day in which there was no school, and had a 5 hour delay.

It was truly amazing as I was able to talk with Sr. Mary Imelda for about 2 and 1/2 hours at the airport. I was filled with such an immense joy I could not refrain from smiling. It has been so wonderful how everything has worked out. At first it seemed as though nothing would come of the first email I received, but as I placed my trust in God everything fell into place. After reading about the order and talking with Sr. Mary Imelda, I began to feel a calling to this order. I have been feeling so much peace and joy and continue to pray about Gods will and my vocation often.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/furgodwuerlivn2002/Sr.jpg[/img]
Solemn Profession Day: Sr. Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist, O.P.

Totus Tuus

That is such a wonderful and beautiful story. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

Chorusgirl

Thank you SO much!!

Count down: 22 Days!!!

The excitement is escalating!! I feel no doubt and instead am filled with an inner peace, its such an amazing feeling!! As I try to imagine the day I will enter and the rest of my life as a Dominican I cannot help but smile. My soul is filled with such tremendous bliss!

I still feel shocked that I finally know where God is calling me specifically. I have been praying about my vocation since the summer before my sophomore year of highschool, and quite often I would ask God to tell me then, in my timing. Then I came to notice how selfish I was acting, and began to pray simply that Gods will be done, not mine. And that my will might be Gods will, that I may come to know Gods plan for me not in my time, but in Gods time.

God truly does know us more than we know ourselves, so by placing my trust in God I can feel assured that all will be fine. I simply desire to do Gods will alone!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/furgodwuerlivn2002/FoundressesonSwings.jpg[/img]

Guest ambrose

I think I might remember you from onerock.com!!

This is so wonderful. I wish you all the best and you will be in my prayers. Look how happy those nuns look!!! And soon, you'll be one of them!

Question: why is the nun and the man behind wearing a breathing tube?

Chorusgirl

[quote name='ambrose' date='May 6 2005, 08:21 PM']Question: why is the nun and the man behind wearing a breathing tube?[/quote]
Hello!! Regarding your question, Sr. Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist kindly informed me on the answeres.

1. The man in the picture is a Dominican Friar in his Habit; their Chaplain. He lives in a separate residence on the rear of the Monastery's property. Father offers Holy Mass for the Nuns daily in their Chapel. His weak heart makes it necessary that he receive oxygen during that time on the Altar.

2. The Nun required means to assist her breathing because she was dying of metastatic lung cancer. She was one of the Foundresses and the then Novice Mistress (among many other responsibilities). Being carried to the Choir to witness the Solemn Perpetual Profession of Vows of Sister Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist was one of her final requests ~ the last time she was able to be moved out into the Chapel from her cell in the Infirmary.

Chorusgirl

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='May 6 2005, 09:01 PM'] oh goodness! were you Mary Bax on onerock? [/quote]
Hello!! No, I am not Mary Bax from Onerock... I am her sister though, we are 13 months apart in age, she is older than me.

Chorusgirl

Count down: 21 Days!!!

I recall as I first began to read about the Dominicans this great sensation of peace that filled my soul. How I was captivated by their love for the world, their neighbors. Often though people have come to the conclusion that those who are cloistered do not care or love their neighbors, that they are simply hiding themselves away from the world.

This isn't true, instead, they are dying to themselves. They reach out to ALL souls through the power of prayer. What a way to show ones love for others by using prayer, communicating with God, inviting God into all of our lives.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends."
- John 15.12-13

I desire greatly touch others lives, and through prayer I do not have to miss a soul. I want to do Gods will alone, and I strongly believe God is calling me to the Dominicans, so I will follow with joy! God is so good!! Wow!!

ThyHolyLove

I just wanted to say how awesome it is that you're entering the Lockport Dominicans! When I first got Sr. Mary Imelda's email, I wanted to help the community, but I knew that my vocation was not to the contelplative life. I did IM her a few times though, and she rocks! Marjorie, I have no doubt that you're going to a great place and that God had treasures in store for you!

[quote name='Chorusgirl' date='May 7 2005, 09:15 PM'] Count down: 21 Days!!!

I recall as I first began to read about the Dominicans this great sensation of peace that filled my soul. How I was captivated by their love for the world, their neighbors. Often though people have come to the conclusion that those who are cloistered do not care or love their neighbors, that they are simply hiding themselves away from the world.

This isn't true, instead, they are dying to themselves. They reach out to ALL souls through the power of prayer. What a way to show ones love for others by using prayer, communicating with God, inviting God into all of our lives.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends."
- John 15.12-13

I desire greatly touch others lives, and through prayer I do not have to miss a soul. I want to do Gods will alone, and I strongly believe God is calling me to the Dominicans, so I will follow with joy! God is so good!! Wow!! [/quote]
Hmmm.... This is kinda my feeling towards the Legion of Christ. Except that they aren't cloisterd, etc. but you know what I"m getting at.

When I am ordained a priest, several years from now, people that I know that have entered a religious order, I would like to visit them after my ordination like the first week afterwards, after celebrating mass for my home parish, as priests are given two weeks before they are assigned a parish, (if diocesean) I know there are a few I keep in mind that I would like to celebrate mass for!

Just thought I'd share!

m2thebizzax

[quote name='the_rev' date='May 8 2005, 12:47 PM'] When I am ordained a priest, several years from now, people that I know that have entered a religious order, I would like to visit them after my ordination like the first week afterwards, after celebrating mass for my home parish, as priests are given two weeks before they are assigned a parish, (if diocesean) I know there are a few I keep in mind that I would like to celebrate mass for!

Just thought I'd share! [/quote]
:) Thats really awesome!! I think it would be cool if my friends who are seminarians when they become priests to come visit and lead mass. Tee hee...

Chorusgirl

Oops... My sister Mary was still signed into phatmass and when I wrote a comment, it was under her name.

Anyway... I am really excited for my friends who are in the seminary and I think it would be awesome if they would be able to visit and lead mass when they become priests.

Chorusgirl

[quote name='the_rev' date='May 8 2005, 12:45 PM'] Hmmm.... This is kinda my feeling towards the Legion of Christ. Except that they aren't cloisterd, etc. but you know what I"m getting at. [/quote]
Hey! Thanks, yes, I know what you mean.