An Old School Catholic Message Board

~*~The Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus~*~

Chorusgirl

Hey, I would like to seek your permission Chorus Girl to make a blog, that would be for "reflections by future religious" I'd use your reflections to start it off.

Is that forseeable?

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='May 13 2005, 08:29 PM'] Hi :wavey: We are really close by, I watched the same thing on the Poor Claires! Is there anything you need before you leave? I'd love to help a local PMer :) [/quote]
Hello!! Thank you!! We are close by?!?! Coolio!! Tee hee... Thank you for your generosity, im not sure if I need anything though. Prayers always though. :) Take care and may God bless you!

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

Chorusgirl

[quote name='the_rev' date='May 13 2005, 08:35 PM'] Hey, I would like to seek your permission Chorus Girl to make a blog, that would be for "reflections by future religious" I'd use your reflections to start it off.

Is that forseeable? [/quote]
the_rev ... Hey! Thanks for asking and sure, I do not mind if you use my reflections. Thats actually really neat!! Take care and may God bless you abundantly!

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

Chorusgirl

Oops... I missed Count down: 15 days!!! Sorry... :(

Count down: 14 days!!!

These past few days as I attempt to fall asleep at night I fall asleep thinking about entering the convent. Often I find it difficult to sleep and to cease from praying to God, and as I imagine the day I will enter I am just so... happy!! My family is not taking my leaving too well, yet despite there numerous emotions God is pouring out His love on my soul. It's truly amazing for I know im not alone, I have God and thats all I need. Even if I lost all my friends, family and so on... so long as I have God I am made whole.

I am going to drive to the post office today with my father, so we can drop off a few last papers and things for Sr. Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist and Mother at the convent. Wahoo!! I am easily excited by the little things, like going to the post office, the mute button on the mote control, this cute little baby bird that I saw hopping around yesterday... Tee hee... God is so good and I can see Christ in others, as people radiate Gods unconditional love, and in nature, in the simplicity of life.

Birgitta Noel

Tee Hee, I think we are. I'm in Chesterfield :) Prayers are on their way! Will you be able to post once you're there? Maybe you could send one of us letters and we could post updates for you :D

I am so glad that you are so filled with Joy! This is sorta like the engagement period before a wedding!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='May 14 2005, 11:07 AM'] Tee Hee, I think we are. I'm in Chesterfield :) Prayers are on their way! Will you be able to post once you're there? Maybe you could send one of us letters and we could post updates for you :D

I am so glad that you are so filled with Joy! This is sorta like the engagement period before a wedding! [/quote]
Hello!! Yes, we do live close. I live in Ballwin. Tee hee... :) Thank you SO much for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated!! I do not think I will be able to post once I arrive there... thank you though!

This IS like an engagement period, how thrilling!! My friend Donica is over right now and she agrees with you as well, tee hee... la la la...

Take care and may God bless you abundantly!

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='May 14 2005, 11:07 AM'] Tee Hee, I think we are. I'm in Chesterfield :) Prayers are on their way! Will you be able to post once you're there? Maybe you could send one of us letters and we could post updates for you :D

I am so glad that you are so filled with Joy! This is sorta like the engagement period before a wedding! [/quote]
I'm actually really close to you, too! I live out in St. Charles, but I hang out in Chesterfield all the time.

Chorusgirl

[quote name='jgirl' date='May 14 2005, 11:15 PM'] I'm actually really close to you, too! I live out in St. Charles, but I hang out in Chesterfield all the time. [/quote]
Hello!! Tee hee... This is SO cool that we all live so close. May sometime soon we can get together, pray and hang out. Tee hee... Take care and may God bless you!

Chorusgirl

Count down: 13 days!!!

Hello!! Wow, today was emotional yet great!! I accidently slept in and missed choir and morning mass. I was still able to attend the youth mass at 5pm, and today sat with my family instead of my friends from youth group. Usually my family doesn't attend this mass so it was a nice change, although I think sitting up closer is nicer. :)

At the end of mass Tom our youth group minister and Fr. Santen the parish pastor called me to the front and I was very embarrassed... Ahh...the attention centered on me, where can I hide?!?! Ahh... no where!! Just kidding, tee hee... Anyhoo... They announced me leaving and the entire youth group came around me as they laid there hands on me to pray over me. I was struggling not to fall down with my heals on and there hands pressing down hard, ha ha... Then the rest of the parish joined in as they extended there hands in prayer. It was very beautiful!

As I came back to our pew my mom was crying so hard, and then I was trying to comfort her but then failed and began crying hard too. So we were crying at the end of mass, and I tried to cheer her up and she left in a hurry. :( Oh well... I am SO happy to enter though, tee hee!! Wahoo!!

I gave a talk at youth group tonight as Tom requested... I was nervous it would sound bad... but then Tom, Anthony and some other core came to me telling me that I gave a great talk and that it was filled with wisdom. That was really encouraging... and I was like, oh its not me, its God. And then my friend Anthony said, you are right, God was working in you. He is so sweet. Tee hee...

The days are coming to a close and im so excited!! La la la... My grandpa really wants me to come visit him soon. He just had stroke recently and I found out today, surprise surpise. But what is cool is that he has been praying to the Blessed Virgin Mary A LOT lately, and for me especially, isn't that so sweet. He wants me to do Gods will and he is happy and proud of me entering the convent. It is WONDERFUL to have his support!! He badly wants me to come visit him and to pray for him, so when I come tomorrow hopefully, I am going to give him one of my rosarys, a fancy one. I think he will like it because lately he prays to the Blessed Virgin Mary so much, maybe that would mean more to him.

Well... I am super estatic about entering... I keep saying this but the joy is just so amazing!! I love God SO... much!! Praise God!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I don't want to make you feel bad, but that last post has me worried about my mom and how she would react to me wanting to enter in just over a year :( Things will work out with prayers though... Holy Spirit, open my mother's heart!!!!!!!!!!

Birgitta Noel

Hey all you close by gals :) I'd love to get together sometime, that is if you don't mind hangin with an "old" 29 year old!

FutureNun, any leaving is bittersweet. Change is good, but painful. God will give you all the grace to get through it :D

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='May 16 2005, 12:08 AM'] FutureNun, any leaving is bittersweet. Change is good, but painful. God will give you all the grace to get through it :D [/quote]
Hey Future Nun, Birgitta Noel is oh so right. Any parent would have a hard time saying good bye, but its not a bad thing either. We all need to let go at one time or another. My mom is so happy for me though, but as Birgitta Noel said, it's Bittersweet.

Do not worry but place trust in our Lord Jesus Christ.

"And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?"
- Matthew 6.27

"But strive first for the kingdom of God and his rightetousness, and all these t hings will be given to you as well. So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of it's own. Today's trouble is enough for today."
- Matthew 6.33-34

Take care, you are in my prayers!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='May 16 2005, 12:08 AM'] Hey all you close by gals :) I'd love to get together sometime, that is if you don't mind hangin with an "old" 29 year old!
[/quote]
Hey there!! Ha ha... 29 isn't old!! tee hee... Maybe us close by gals can make plans to get together and pray, tee hee... la la la... God is so good! Take care and may God bless you all!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Chorusgirl' date='May 16 2005, 03:22 PM'] [quote name='Birgitta Noel @ May 16 2005' date=' 12:08 AM'] FutureNun, any leaving is bittersweet. Change is good, but painful. God will give you all the grace to get through it[/quote]
Hey Future Nun, Birgitta Noel is oh so right. Any parent would have a hard time saying good bye, but its not a bad thing either. We all need to let go at one time or another. My mom is so happy for me though, but as Birgitta Noel said, it's Bittersweet.

Do not worry but place trust in our Lord Jesus Christ.

"And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?"
- Matthew 6.27

"But strive first for the kingdom of God and his rightetousness, and all these t hings will be given to you as well. So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of it's own. Today's trouble is enough for today."
- Matthew 6.33-34

Take care, you are in my prayers! [/quote]
Thanks! I guess I am just really down about this though because I was writing my mother a letter to let her know that its the convent or bust after next year, and my mom is rather against me becoming a nun. It's been an uphill struggle the entire time. I was like pulling teeth from a tiger to try to let her allow me to visit communities. She has become a bit more accepting over time, even more so recently. But, you are both very right, and I have to trust completely in the Lord. God Bless and Mary Protect!