An Old School Catholic Message Board

CatholicLeague.com hacked!

Mogmog

Some noobs apparently thought it'd be funny to deface
catholicleague.com. How childish.

Edited by Mogmog

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Why'd they pick them to hack? It's rather dumb, but I've seen hacking before and it smells of elderberries majorly... I don't know what clean up is like, but that was downright mean :angry:

soberisms

fear IMO. Either they fear the catholic church or fear they wont be respected amongst their friends, so they hack a website to make themselfs look cool. In any case, its pretty sad what people do these days -_-

The site's back up. And here's an interesting thing, the site was written in FrontPage.

A lesson for all you web site writers. Stay away from FrontPage!!

Also if any of you are designers, read the source code. Tell me if you see anything that's a bit odd.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 9 2005, 03:19 PM']

Also if any of you are designers, read the source code.  Tell me if you see anything that's a bit odd. [/quote]
That it has issues with Michael Eisner and the Walt Disney company? :unsure:

oh...do you mean the....

"anti-Catholicism" that is posted several times within the metatag????

Well there is that.

But the Anti-Catholicism metatag that repeats about a hundred times.

What's up with that?

This is what Catholic League has to say:

Catholic League president William Donohue responded as follows:

“On Saturday, Andy Soltis and Richard Johnson of the New York Post wrote an article about the new movie, ‘Kingdom of Heaven.’ In it, I was quoted as saying, ‘It is a matter of historical record that Muslim violence—in the form of a jihad—was responsible for Christians striking back, hence the Crusades. Yet in the film, it is the Christians who are the bad guys. This is on the order of doing a movie on the Warsaw Ghetto and blaming the Jews for all the violence.’ The next day, my cell phone was ringing off the hook alerting me to what happened to our website.

“We have contacted the New York City police and the FBI about this matter.

“I really can’t stand dealing with illiterates. If these jerks can spell Palestine correctly, why can’t they spell Palestinian people correctly? And I’m not so sure that bin Laden and Saddam would care to know that their names have been misspelled.”