An Old School Catholic Message Board

CatholicLeague.com hacked!

Mogmog

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 9 2005, 03:19 PM'] A lesson for all you web site writers. Stay away from FrontPage!! [/quote]
I've been saying that for years. -_-

Well that certainly helps Brother Adam. But FrontPage apparently is less secure than others. Its all that redundant code that is used.

But then again I've seen some pretty well written sites that were hacked because the server had no protection. There are A LOT of hosts that provide zero security. How weird is that?

PS If you don't mind my sayingBrother Adam, you could use a couple of metatags.

Edited by jaime

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Catholic league is super chills. Notice Roman Catholics don't hack islamic websites. they should take a lesson from us.

[quote name='azaelia' date='May 9 2005, 06:27 PM'] I've been saying that for years. -_- [/quote]
when you do it all by hand, you get a much greater sense of accomplishment ^_^

Rachael you're a notepad girl??? Way to go! I first learned by just writing out all the code. But when I started doing sites for companies, Dreamweaver made a lot more sense. Let the software do the simple code I say.

As long as its clean, that's all I care about.

:PI find it much easier to do it my own way. After all, that's how I learned how to do it, I've never really used any program. :)

Rachael (or anyone) have any idea what would make the writer put Anti-Catholicism in the metatags 30 times? For search purposes, one is enough right?

Or are they just making some sort of statement to the geeks(like me) who spend more time reading the code than looking at the site?

MichaelFilo

What can you excpect from an infidel who's lies lead him only to Christ's Church. Whatever, the Mohammedeans get only so far with their "holy wars" anyway. Even online, I expect whoever did it will eventually pay for their actions. Those muslims... you'd expect history would let them learn, you can't mess with Catholics, the angels are looking out for us (so Attila got to find out firsthand).

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 9 2005, 11:12 PM'] Rachael (or anyone) have any idea what would make the writer put Anti-Catholicism in the metatags 30 times? For search purposes, one is enough right?

Or are they just making some sort of statement to the geeks(like me) who spend more time reading the code than looking at the site? [/quote]
It seems to me that they may have been trying to trick search engines into ranking them higher when someone searches for "anti-catholicism." It doesn't work, but they might not have known that.