An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baptistmail.com

ironmonk

I just wanted to let you know that I found a new website with free mail accounts...

[url="http://www.baptistmail.com"]http://www.baptistmail.com[/url]

I just got
Catholic@baptistmail.com
and ironmonk@baptistmail.com

I think it's a great way to have email dialogs with various baptists or use it for posting on baptist messageboards.

God Bless!
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Brother Adam

lol. known about it for years. have several accounts used to get back on the BB a while back. You sly dogs you.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='May 9 2005, 05:12 PM'] How do I get a "notreally@baptistforever.com" e-mail? [/quote]
:lol:

i_see_things_upside_down

[quote name='Crispy' date='May 9 2005, 08:09 AM'] lol, i love it, catholic@baptistmail.com. fight the fight man. [/quote]
Why must we fight? Are they not supposed to be our brothers and sisters? I am not appreciating the stance on this board concerning other denominations. It seems closed minded. Granted this is not all of you, but there are definitely some that are acting this way.
God bless,
Danielle

[quote name='i_see_things_upside_down' date='May 10 2005, 03:55 AM'] Why must we fight? Are they not supposed to be our brothers and sisters? I am not appreciating the stance on this board concerning other denominations. It seems closed minded. Granted this is not all of you, but there are definitely some that are acting this way.
God bless,
Danielle [/quote]
We must fight the good fight... A fight against lies... a fight for Truth. Defending Christ sometimes means to go on the offensive with Truth. Defending requires a fight.

[b]Sirach 4:28[/b] Even to the death fight for truth, and the LORD your God will battle for you.

Those who knowingly spread lies about us might not be our brothers and sisters.

[b]John 8:42 [/b]
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me.
[b]43 [/b]Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot bear to hear my word.
[b]44 [/b]You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.
[b]45 [/b]But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me.
[b]46 [/b]Can any of you charge me with sin? If I am telling the truth, why do you not believe me?
[b]47 [/b]Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not listen, because you do not belong to God."

Those who belong to God are our brothers and sisters, people like Jack Chick and Ian Paisley are not. Maybe one day they will change for God, but those who love God, will love the Truth. Most of the lies spread by anti-Catholics are blatent. Anyone who loves Christ will see that we do not worship Mary, we have not changed the 10 commandments, we do not worship idols, we are centered on Christ, etc....

What is closed minded is listening to anti-Catholics about the Catholic Church and ignoring what real Catholics have to say.

Danielle, please read Acts 20:29-30, meditate on it. The Catholic Church is not a denomination... it is the Christian Faith. All who left her did so NOT of Christ but the deceiver fooled them into believing that they were wiser than the Church. They corrupted others and took them out of Christ's Church. Now, if someone truely believes that they are in Christ's Church, then they are Catholic by desire, BUT it is still NOT the full truth and they are being led astray from the Truth.

Only the Catholic Church is 100% correct on matters of Faith and Morals - as promised by Christ in St. John 14.... 'guided in [b]all [/b]truth'.

What is closed minded is someone taking this thread out of context. Many baptists have been lied to about the Catholic Church. Many baptists propagate the lies without and many times ignoring everything the Catholic Church says about itself. For protestant churches to thrive, they must attack the Catholic Church because the Catholic Church was built by Christ and founded on Christ's way... Not Martin Luther's way, not John Knox's way, not Joseph Adam's way, not your way or my way... but Christ's way... The ONLY way. As you see in Acts, those who are lead off go to "their own destruction"... this is a serious statement. What could "Destruction" mean? Pool of Fire. Some who attack the Church in ignorance and refuse to listen to us Catholics in what the Church really teaches remain in ignorance and stupidity through their own fault - which there is no chance at salvation. So it is pretty serious that we fight the good fight.

[b]Our weapons are love, Truth, history, prayer, sacrifice, and fasting.[/b]

So if you're Catholic, it is your duty to fight. You can fight with charity and love. Fight you must. To be able to fight you must be prepared, you must know your faith and scripture... it is your duty. If we do not know the faith or scripture and make no attempts at improving ourselves in this regard we put ourselves in grave danger.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='i_see_things_upside_down' date='May 10 2005, 03:55 AM'] Why must we fight? Are they not supposed to be our brothers and sisters? I am not appreciating the stance on this board concerning other denominations. It seems closed minded. Granted this is not all of you, but there are definitely some that are acting this way.
God bless,
Danielle [/quote]
The Catholic Church is not a denomination, it is the sole Church founded by Jesus Christ.

Other groups are our brothers and sisters, but some of them would die rather than admit it. :)
We have no problem with other churches [Anglicans and orthodox] or other groups -baptists, methodists etc., [other than they are stray sheep].

We do have problems with those various individuals lying or misrepresenting Catholic teachings, and it is our job to correct them and bring all the rest of the sheep into the Catholic Church.

Remember many people here ARE ex-something else.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

thessalonian

[quote name='i_see_things_upside_down' date='May 10 2005, 01:55 AM'] Why must we fight? Are they not supposed to be our brothers and sisters? I am not appreciating the stance on this board concerning other denominations. It seems closed minded. Granted this is not all of you, but there are definitely some that are acting this way.
God bless,
Danielle [/quote]
Maybe because truth matters.
Maybe because we want the to experience the benefits of the fullness of the truth and because if we do not present it to them we are denying that very truth. i.e. to not tell them about the great grace of the Eucharist and the rest of the sacraments is not loving.
Maybe because we follow the example of the great Apostle.

Acts.17
[2] And Paul went in, as was his custom, and for three weeks he argued with them from the scriptures,
[17] So he argued in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons, and in the market place every day with those who chanced to be there.

Acts.18
[4] And he argued in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded Jews and Greeks.
[19] And they came to Ephesus, and he left them there; but he himself went into the synagogue and argued with the Jews.

Acts.19
[9] but when some were stubborn and disbelieved, speaking evil of the Way before the congregation, he withdrew from them, taking the disciples with him, and argued daily in the hall of Tyran'nus.

By the way, I don't term it as fight. I call it persuasion. Sometimes it seems like fighting but that is called passion for one's beliefs.

:sadder:
Blessings

Edited by thessalonian