An Old School Catholic Message Board

Connor

buddha stuff isn't bad. He was a cool guy. Thought of a bunch of neat stuff. His way of life rocks. It is jsut the idea of him as a god that doesn't fly with our whole Catholic thing. :) Other than that maybe buy Jesus statues for him ;)

Jazz4jesus

Ok i heard somethings on buddism from buddist, i think i remember them saying that he didnt believe he became a god

some of them don't believe he did. They are fine usually.

I think the ones that do are called a part of the sakyamuni school but don't quote me on that. I might have the names mixed up. The other one is thervada i think.

MichaelFilo

Connor, hello and welcome. I come on open mic sparingly, but will drop by to get a chance to catch up with happenings and such. Anyways, I'm Michel (by birth), Michael (by current legal status) and Mikey (by online reference0. Call me whatever, people like to mix it up though. I'm 16, and attend an athiestic school. I collect Catholic statues...

God bless,
Mikey

i_see_things_upside_down

Hi Connor. I'm Danielle. I am married, since last summer. :D
I am 22 years old. I hope that you enjoy phatmass! Why do you collect Buddha statues? Just curious!

Hey Connor

I'm hot stuff. I'm really old.

I collect dust. Not dUSt mind you just dust.

Twins eh? So essentially you've doubled your wardrobe. Cool!

Welcome and bienvenidos!

^thanks for clearing that up for me. And yeah I started the 2nd page..rofl, you know you're addicted to Phatmass when you know you start the second page without having to edit your post.

Welcome Connor,

I attended Catholic school through all of my young life and it was a blessing. Still school in general can seem "messed up," I don't know if it matters which kind.

This place (PhatMass) is a treasure trove of information about our faith. You can find it here!

But actually I'd like to add that I've never met a Quaker I didn't like! And I've known more than a few.

Jim

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Quakers have a good relegion. It is just that they are 100% completley morally bankrupt and for a everything goes moral society, with abortion on demand, gay marriage, wellfare increseas to promote lazyness, complete pacifism (which is stupidity) and multiculturalism.

sam

Sam

I haven't ever crossed those subjects with any of the Quakers I've known. They were just nice good people. I sensed no bankruptsey in any of my encounters.

I guess its who you know.

Thats just me though---

Jim

To Answer Danielle's Question I collect Buddha statues just 'cause I like the way they look. The whole Oriental Zen Look is interesting and diffrent then regular western art.

-Connor