An Old School Catholic Message Board

How fast

Scofizzle

If I join Baptist Board and start teaching them what Jesus really meant....charitably....how long before they kick me off?

I give it 10 minutes. And that's probably on the high end of the totem pole. I've had friends join other denoms boards before because they've come on Catholic ones to bash us....and they only lasted about one post before they were banned. For no reason, of course.

Yeah.....some will ask for your religion and if you aren't one of them they won't let you join at all. And even if you put Christian, as soon as they find out you're Catholic, you're gone.

actually, their spies probably already saw this post, tracked your ISP, and entered it into their database under computers that won't be accepted if applied from.

it's sad, but I'm pretty sure they actually do have PM spies

i_see_things_upside_down

[quote name='Scofizzle' date='May 9 2005, 10:30 PM'] If I join Baptist Board and start teaching them what Jesus really meant....charitably....how long before they kick me off? [/quote]
It is not very charitable or gracious to go to their boards to correct them. Why not go to get to know them? If the differences come up in conversation, then talk about them. I do not think that arguing is a good form of teaching.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

By the way it sounds, it doesn't sound like they are up for a chat about Catholicism over a cup of tea...
It would be lovely if they would...

[quote name='i_see_things_upside_down' date='May 10 2005, 01:43 AM'] It is not very charitable or gracious to go to their boards to correct them. Why not go to get to know them? If the differences come up in conversation, then talk about them. I do not think that arguing is a good form of teaching. [/quote]
arguing was not my aim......while just perusing the boards I noticed quite a few flaws in peoples statements about Catholicism and the faith in general.....I think that it demands correcting.....If someone on this board was spewing misconceptions about the baptist "church" i'm sure they would be allowed to voice their opinion

Ash Wednesday

I used to debate online with fundamentalists soooo much, back in the mid-nineties when the internet was still relatively "new."

I must have short-circuited part of my brain (I think one of my lobes melted) because that was almost 10 years ago, and I haven't really been able to bring myself to debate with them much ever since. But the "prayer" part of my brain still functions just fine, and I try to utilize that for Christian unity as much as possible. :mellow: