An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mass Rocks!

Bfulk

sry i double posted and i dont know how to delete so i had to post this useless post :o

Edited by Bfulk

melporcristo

I love the traditional mass but yet I love LIFE TEEN mass & I am great with both. Some traditional masses can be a little extreme to the right (like my friend was scolded for wearing a sweater that had quarter sleeves) to the LT masses that have abuses, like allowing the teens on the altar, etc. I just try to remember why we are there at the Mass and that is for Christ and to recieve Him.

SevenSorrows

[quote name='Bfulk' date='May 12 2005, 07:08 PM'] yeah i live in a smaller city in Indiana (near Notre Dame) and i heard one of our parishes has a Trinitine Mass (Latin, pre-vatican 2). I've never been but i love Latin and i want to go real bad. I think Latin is the most beautiful language (Italian is awesome too). So yeah if you guys want my opinion, I love everything traditional. [/quote]
True, but just remember latin is not "traditional". Well it is traditional for the last few hundred years. But it obviously always hasn't been latin. Considering Christ didn't speak latin. It is a beautiful language, but the mass is about understanding Christ and getting closer to him. Back in the day, people knew latin, they learned it in school, and at church. but for us to go to a latin mass now, would be like Christ having the last supper in french, it would have sounded good, but his apostles wouldn't have gotten much out of the words.

oh..and about your tridentine church...make sure it is allowed to have that mass, because it HAS to be ok'd by your bishop.

Guest FiddlingFingers

Traditional Gregorian Chant ALL the way. It belongs to the Mass like....like...a keyboard belongs to a computer.