An Old School Catholic Message Board

Revelations and Apparitions

return2truth

return2truth

Have there been confirmed Marian or Jesus apparitions before any adherents of another Christian denomination outside of Catholicism? Are there any Incorruptables outside of the Catholic faith. If not, would this be sign that that God does in fact favor the Catholic Church?

thessalonian

[quote name='return2truth' date='May 10 2005, 09:51 AM'] Have there been confirmed Marian or Jesus apparitions before any adherents of another Christian denomination outside of Catholicism? Are there any Incorruptables outside of the Catholic faith. If not, would this be sign that that God does in fact favor the Catholic Church? [/quote]
There have been some apparitions within the Orthodox community I believe. There are no incorruptables from other denominations that I know of. In my understanding that requires a very high level of sanctity which I do not believe would be possible without the Eucharist and other sacraments.

I've heard of story where there was a unexplained Marian image in a Presbyterian church. I don't recall the details except that the pastors were a bit rattled. A Presbyterian pastor told me the story.

Of course when you throw the word confirmed in, you have a whole different ball of wax now don't you?

return2truth

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 10 2005, 10:50 AM']
Of course when you throw the word confirmed in, you have a whole different ball of wax now don't you? [/quote]
Of course. But I think you all get my meaning. I don't mean the random person who might have only had an halucination.

[quote name='return2truth' date='May 10 2005, 10:51 AM'] Have there been confirmed Marian or Jesus apparitions before any adherents of another Christian denomination outside of Catholicism? Are there any Incorruptables outside of the Catholic faith. If not, would this be sign that that God does in fact favor the Catholic Church? [/quote]
I don't know if this really counts towards what you're asking....but here are some pictures of the Blessed Mother above a Coptic Church in Egypt. Muslims saw it, too and there are detailed reports about this apparation.

[url="http://www.maxkol.org/gallery/g347.htm"]Mary1[/url]

[url="http://www.maxkol.org/gallery/g348.htm"]Mary2[/url]

savedbygrace

Any from Mary wouldn't occur. Mary is mention 1 time in every typical service in my church during the creed and that's it.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='savedbygrace' date='May 10 2005, 06:26 PM'] Any from Mary wouldn't occur. Mary is mention 1 time in every typical service in my church during the creed and that's it. [/quote]
I wouldnt be so sure about that.

Ever heard of Fatima or Lourdes?

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

their are Coptic Catholics that are in communion with Rome. and coptic orthodox.

God does not favor the Catholic church. It is his one true holy Catholic and apastolic church. Their is none other, and God does not look on any others as his own.

P.s My Greek orthodox buddy has seen the body of an incruptibile Greek orthodox saint. But it might have been a saint from before the schism.

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

MissScripture

I have a question to add, what do the Protestants think of our Marian apparitions? I mean, do they think they actually happen?

Protestant denominations really don't think about Mary at all except for a 'brief' appearance at Christmas! One of the biggest shifts in thinking when a protestant converts is the role of Mary so Marian apparations are often viewed with great suspicion.

[quote name='MissScripture' date='May 11 2005, 08:36 PM'] I have a question to add, what do the Protestants think of our Marian apparitions? I mean, do they think they actually happen? [/quote]
Many believe that it's the devil posing as Mary and leading Catholics astray.

return2truth

[quote name='jezic' date='May 11 2005, 11:21 PM'] how can they think that? [/quote]
Well, I guess their logic would be: Catholics are wrong, Mary wouldn't possibly appear before the unfaithful, therefore, the apparitions must be a lie, optical illusion, hallucination or a real phenomena from a deceptive force: Satan.