An Old School Catholic Message Board

Star Wars Quiz #1

Paladin D

What did Vader exactly say to Luke, that revealed his identity?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

return2truth

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 16 2005, 11:33 AM'] OMG I am having too much fun!!!

I may quite possibly be the only one commenting here who saw the originals in the theatres for the first run!!

Too funny!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: [/quote]
I saw it during its first official release when I was a tot. I remember the day: it was my first trip to a drive-in theater as well as the first and last time I saw a crop duster crash into a house during the car ride to the drive-in.

I love the fact that I got a person who is degreed in lololism. An official lolologist!!

That made my day!

The answer is: (D) [b]"No, I am your father"[/b]!!!

Though people often say [b]"Luke, I am your father"[/b], in the film, he says "No" instead of "Luke". I suppose the reason they do this is because people will recognize where the line is from since it has the word "Luke" and "father" in it.

The scene goes as such:

[b]Darth Vader[/b] - [i]"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father."[/i]

[b]Luke Skywalker[/b] - [i]"He told me enough! He told me you killed him."[/i]

[b]Darth Vader[/b] - [i]"No, I am your father."[/i]

[b]Luke Skywalker[/b] - [i]"No, no, that's not true! That's impossible!"[/i]

[b]Darth Vader[/b] - [i]"Search your feelings, you know for it to be true!"[/i]

[b]Luke Skywalker[/b] - [i]"NNOOO!!! Noooo!"[/i]

MissScripture

I read somewhere that it is the most misquoted movie line of all time...not exactly sure how you could measure that...but it is frequently misquoted

franciscan13

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 16 2005, 11:33 AM']OMG I am having too much fun!!!

I may quite possibly be the only one commenting here who saw the originals in the theatres for the first run!!

Too funny!!!  :rolling:  :rolling:  :rolling:[/quote]
no i saw esb and return of the jedi at the theaters. my wife makes fun of me says im old

you know what he was actually saying during the seen? he actually said "Obi Wan killed your father." they re-recorded over it, it was to keep the secret. so what's his name, James Earl Jones, actually thought the plot twist was that Obi Wan killed Luke's father until it was released that Vader actually was Luke's father.

yep. it was kept very secret that Vader was Luke's father even from the actors. Mark Hamill was told right before the scene, but in the actual scene they had Vader say "Obi Wan killed your father" but didn't record him, they re-recorded over it the line "I am your father"

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hot stuff' date='May 16 2005, 11:33 AM'] I may quite possibly be the only one commenting here who saw the originals in the theatres for the first run!!
[/quote]
:o

Uh-uh!!
:no:

• 2 weeks later...
sarcasmguy126

i remember Vader's exact words: but i won't reveal the answer. if i'm wrong, well, watcha gonna do??? :D