An Old School Catholic Message Board

Warning - The Passion

electricdisk

electricdisk

As you should know, Mel Gibson's movie about Christ's Passion is being wrapped up - and I found a trailer available at this link

Warning - watch alone unless you don't mind people seeing you cry...

Low res (for dialup) and Hi-Rez versions (cable, dsl) available.

http://www.themoviebox.net/trailers/movieb...ion_tr_page.htm

Please post observations, thoughts on this thread.

Thanks,

Shawn

post-2-1058278632.jpg

Jake Huether

Before I read, I wanted to tell you...

Did anyone see the interview by Larry King? From what I heard, Mel was an amesome whitness. They asked him how this would effect his movie career. His respons was, "it's over". I guess he's been getting tons of hate mail. He said this movie will fly in the face of everything hollywood stands for. He also said what I said, that is, Satan will pull out all the stops to try to have this movie canned.

Let us all pray for Mel. God bless his efforts.

Jake Huether

Ah man, my computer won't let me watch it.

I had a question though. Whats up with the pic of Jesus on the cross? 1) He's in his clothes, and 2) the cross doesn't look so real.

I hope that isn't a clip from the movie, just the movie label.

Cure of Ars

Down with Hollywood.

I can't wait to see this movie. I have the highest respect for Mel and what he is doing. I pray that this movie converts a lot of souls in our society.

Jake Huether

Oh no doubt Cure.

From what I heard, there have already been conversions on the set of the movie. And Mel said that there were healings as well!

A lot of good will come from this.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

This movie is going to change things and I think we need to be ready to explain thiings to people because it will have them asking questions and it can be a fantastic way to evangelize.

God Bless!

JP2

It looked kind of rough now that I think about it....I suspect it's a 'rough copy' but still good. I can't imagine what the finished product will look like.

My computer won't let me watch it either...but I also saw the interview with Larry King. Mel Gibson was amazing.

Kilroy the Ninja

Just had to watch the trailer again. This looks like it has been very well done and I can't wait to see it.