An Old School Catholic Message Board

Joan of Arcadia... Canceled?

Seminarian C

Seminarian C

If you didn't know CBS is canceling one of the only wholesome TV series Joan of Arcadia because they want to attract more young viewers. What do you think of this? The chairman of CBS Leslie Moonves says, reffering to the new Friday night lineup, [quote]I think talking to ghosts may skew younger than talking to God.[/quote] Is this true? Write back, maybe write CBS.

:o

:sadder:

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

this is soooo not cool.....i LOVE Joan!!!! i just got the complete first season on DVD last week.....and now it's cancelled...

they left the show in such a cliffhanger!!!!! they can't do this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Andrea348' date='May 18 2005, 03:16 PM'] :o

:sadder:

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

this is soooo not cool.....i LOVE Joan!!!! i just got the complete first season on DVD last week.....and now it's cancelled...

they left the show in such a cliffhanger!!!!! they can't do this to me!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]
and that dude was def. evil :ph34r:

[quote name='rachael' date='May 18 2005, 03:26 PM'] and that dude was def. evil :ph34r: [/quote]
i know....

me and my friend have joan night every friday night....dinner and joan of arcadia.....

we were TOTALLY freaked out by that guy....and now we will never know what happens with him :sadder:

Seminarian C

melporcristo,
the only reason does appear to be ratings and they have a new lineup of paranormal and sci-fi series to 'attract a younger audience' Google it and see for yourself. Write CBS. You never know, if enough of us complain they will have to do something. Btw kudos to the people that bought the DVD I bought it myself and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I hope they end that cliffhanger on the dvd if nothing else!

I thought it was a great show, and they are making a huge mistake because I don't watch any other shows on CBS (besides Dr. Phil during the day, but that's syndicated), so they are actually losing young viewers!

Truthfully, I think that it was a great show for the family to sit down and watch together. Thats what we did a lot. :sweat:

I don't know what would have been better than that show reallyyyyyyyyyyy

<33

master_alterserver

I personally think the show smells of elderberries. It went from a good show at the beggining to more secular stuff later. I used to like it, then stopped watching it becasue it was trash.

joan is not trash.....even if it did turn more secular than it was in the beginning....it was still more wholesome than the majority of tv these days and you could sit down and watch it with the fam and not worry about it

master_alterserver

oh...that's nice...we [i]are[/i] entitled to our own opinion...so I think it's trash...and you don't...big deal...no tears here.

I'm glad I gave up TV for lent...now I don't watch much TV at all...so I don't have to deal with any of the trash on TV...whether it's The OC or Joan of Arcadia.