An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is making out okay?

KobeScott8

KobeScott8

I have heard this argument one to many times at youth group so why not hear it one more time on PM.

Is making out okay???(If your not married of course)

-and- the age old question

How far is too far?

This post is also in the debate lounge but I figured puttin it in here would give a different prospective.

Well hugs and kisses (not like 12 hour ones) are fine. Making out is okay if both sides DO NOT get aroused which is almost impossible. So Making out before marriage is not that great of an idea.

Catholictothecore

This is one of those things that God created for right and man and the devil has screwed up.

Love is about mutual self-giving. Kissing and touching are some of the most intimate parts of love. It's not about the feelings or whatever. Love is something God finds pleasure in when done to honor Him. Love is not about "a couple," but a trio: God, Man, and Woman.

But, because we're fallen, we lack control of our passions by reason. I think that for most people, no matter how truly in love they were, it is a needless near-occasion of sin. Only when a couple has been given the right to love each other physically, no matter how short or innocent it might seem, is a near occasion of sin that must be avoided.

geetarplayer

I've made out more than a few times, and now that I look back, I say it's bad news. There's no point in making out. It doesn't bring either person closer to Christ, and it doesn't make the relationship stronger.

-Mark

Catholictothecore

the whole part of having a relationship is to bring each other closer to Christ. It should be an amazing, wonderful, amazing thing. We are fallen, though, and have a desire to abuse the good things God gives us.

Catholictothecore

I think it's more danger than I, personally, would want to go into. Holding hands is about the most intimate I could be at this point in my life, unless she really needed a good friend then and there.

Then I might kiss her.

Along with all of those other reasons for not making out, think about how much you take away from your future spouse when you do make out.

master_alterserver

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='May 30 2005, 03:57 PM'] I've made out more than a few times, and now that I look back, I say it's bad news. There's no point in making out. It doesn't bring either person closer to Christ, and it doesn't make the relationship stronger.

-Mark [/quote]
I agree...you're not exactly thinking about Church.