An Old School Catholic Message Board

Make-up is it necessary?

lil bull 04

Do females really need to wear make-up?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im a little upset by this thread. There seems to be a high and mighty attitude.

I dont understand how someone is automatically labeled as vain and insecure if they use a little concealer or foundation. Do you use deoderant? Youre covering up a scent your body has, just like concealer covers up blemishes. Isnt it vanity to mask a scent that might be unpleasant to others?

Plus, not all acne products work to clear up skin, so someone my need to use concealer as a temporary cover-up.

I think everyone needs to be a little less judgemental.

franciscanheart

btw the lazy comment wasnt directed at anyone other than the one person who said they were lazy and it was a JOKE. im not so *insert appropriate description here* as to call someone else lazy because they choose not to wear makeup.

Its alright Tony. Im not mad at anyone in particular, just upset by the comments that are being made.

MissScripture

The thing I hate about make up is when people try and get me to wear it (such as my mother, sister or one of my friends). I don't care if other people wear it, but the way to wear it is to apply it so no one notices that you're wearing it (and I went to school with PLENTY of people who needed to learn that!!)

*beginning of rant* As Lil Red, Luthien, and Azaelia said, there is nothing wrong with a little makeup. I wear it every single day. I don't put gobs on, but wearing a little eyeshadow and gloss makes me feel better. Also, I have acne prone skin as well, so concealer is like my best friend. I'd rather not walk around with red, blotchy skin if I can help it. It has nothing to do with vanity, but rather making me look neat and presentable, which makes me feel better about myself. *end of rant*

i'm the one who said lazy :wavey: because i AM lazy hence why i don't wear it all the time, but that was only directed at myself so sorry for causing more drama on this thread :sadder: people who like it: wear it and people who don't: don't and stop making those who do feel guilty! and if you weren't doing that, than this comment doesn't apply to you! :rolleyes:

:goes to find more chill pills to hand out with Dudette:

lil bull 04

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 31 2005, 10:55 AM'] When did drill sergeants become sissies? [/quote]
Mine was a good Christian so don't call him a sissy. Anyone that will use any extra time he has to pray with his platoon before BRM is not a sissy. Also anyone who takes the only day he has off to come in and spend 3 hours telling his platoon about Jesus on Thanksgiving is not a sissy. Thanks a pretty good drill sergeant who Loves Jesus and what he did for us on the Cross.

lil bull 04

[quote name='Tony' date='May 31 2005, 12:09 PM'] God makes everyone beautiful :D [/quote]
thank you! amen to that!

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='May 31 2005, 11:03 AM'] I'll confess that I was the one who answered it with option 1, but only to get people to wonder who voted that. :)
[/quote]
I thought it was the option put there for Phazzan...

lil bull 04

[quote name='philothea' date='May 31 2005, 08:34 PM'] I thought it was the option put there for Phazzan... [/quote]
okay i admit it i did put it there specifically for him but someone......grrrrrrrrr.....had to ruin it.

master_alterserver

[quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 30 2005, 06:06 PM'] I recently read in the news that wearing makeup may not be good for a child if you wear it when your pregnant if you are a female. [/quote]
So it's ok for the child when you're pregnant and a male?