An Old School Catholic Message Board

Make-up is it necessary?

lil bull 04

Do females really need to wear make-up?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

Freckles are adorable. ^_^

I have a "C" around one of my eyes in freckle/mole things. but they arent really the normal moles theyre the ones that look like freckles but are a lot darker but they dont come off the skin. i know it sounds gross but i promise its not. i dont know why i have them but i have random ones all over my body. some people think theyre cute, others just think im wierd.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 30 2005, 06:19 PM'] Completely unnecessary. I hate it when women wear makeup. Makes them look fake, like they are trying to hide who they are. I convinced Teresa not to wear it anymore after a while and I'm glad. honestly nothing beats true beauty with all of its flaws. [/quote]
His wife, however, has been tempted on occasion to wear makeup, though.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 31 2005, 12:31 AM'] its called face wash :mellow: [/quote]
haha, I know, even if you do wash your face after you take your make up off, it still get's in...gross man.

[quote name='azaelia' date='May 30 2005, 07:23 PM'] I don't think wearing truckloads of foundation and eyeliner is needed at all, but it sounds like alot of you (especially the guys) don't approve of makeup at all. Some of us need it to cover up minor flaws and imperfections. I have acne-prone skin, and I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable walking around looking like a pizza.

I'm sorry, I've dealt with too many guys who have labeled me shallow and high-maintenance because I wear foundation and concealer...just makes me wonder if people are so hung up on girls looking natural that they forget about the girls who happen to wear makeup. There's no happy medium. There are the guys who want completely natural, and there are guys who want a Barbie doll. What about the guys that [b]don't care[/b] either way?

Ok...so I got a little carried away. :unsure: [/quote]
i agree....i wear make up almost every day. i do it because if i don't, i look like: a ghost; or a 10 year old (i am SO not kidding)

i'm not a shallow person, and it kinda irks me that what i'm reading in this thread is that women who do wear make up are shallow, insecure people.

Nicole8223

I think it really depends on the person, the situation, and the intention. I work in a professional office building, where women are dressed very nicely, hair done very nicely, and make-up looks great. Now, I don't spend hours getting ready for work or anything, but I do wear a bit of make-up to present myself as a professional. I also wear some make-up on special occasions, or if my boyfriend and I go out on a date or something. If I am home, or not going out, I don't wear any make-up. I am not attached to make-up, and I don't see anything wrong with it personally. Some people can't wear it because it is an occasion of sin for them to become attached. For others, it's no big deal, and they can wear it with no problem.

As for pants, I wear them and I love them. I love skirts, too, but pants are nice as well.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Dudette' date='May 31 2005, 10:11 AM'] haha, I know, even if you do wash your face after you take your make up off, it still get's in...gross man. [/quote]
actually.... i think a lot more gets in without it than with it :huh:

franciscanheart

what kind were you using? when i used to buy stuff from drugstores i used to break out a lot. my skin is really sensitive and so i have to use the higher quality stuff and i have to be careful about which things i put on. foundation is a no no for me.

lil bull 04

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 30 2005, 11:04 PM'] yeah well my smile smells of elderberries so i think ill continue to rule out any breakouts and play up my eyes that are hidden by my must have glasses. i dont have much going for me in the face area... i like the makeup ;) [/quote]
don't say that God loves each of for who we are. i had really bad acne once upon a time and i too felt the need for make up and i also have glasses not to mention i'm in the military and so i had extremely ugly glasses too. now i don't use make up because not only does it clog up my pores and make the acne worse i just sweat it off anyway. when i went to the doctor they gave me a wonderful cream that helped peel the dead skin away and which has almost completely gotten rid of my acne but trust me it wasn't fun but it was well worth it.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 31 2005, 12:29 PM'] what kind were you using? when i used to buy stuff from drugstores i used to break out a lot. my skin is really sensitive and so i have to use the higher quality stuff and i have to be careful about which things i put on. foundation is a no no for me. [/quote]
what kind of make up or what kind of stuff was I using to get rid of my acne?

lil bull 04

Okay who answered the poll with some people are just that ugly...... :fishslap: God did not create anything ugly! Everything God created is beautiful in someway. Remember God did not create junk! I heard this several times in Basic Training from my drill sergeant. Yes he called some people ugly as a joke all the time but then a few minutes later he'd smile and say that God didn't create junk and that nobody in the room was really ugly.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 31 2005, 10:47 AM'] Okay who answered the poll with some people are just that ugly...... :fishslap: God did not create anything ugly! Everything God created is beautiful in someway. Remember God did not create junk! I heard this several times in Basic Training from my drill sergeant. Yes he called some people ugly as a joke all the time but then a few minutes later he'd smile and say that God didn't create junk and that nobody in the room was really ugly. [/quote]
When did drill sergeants become sissies?

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 31 2005, 10:47 AM'] Okay who answered the poll with some people are just that ugly...... :fishslap: God did not create anything ugly! Everything God created is beautiful in someway. Remember God did not create junk! I heard this several times in Basic Training from my drill sergeant. Yes he called some people ugly as a joke all the time but then a few minutes later he'd smile and say that God didn't create junk and that nobody in the room was really ugly. [/quote]
I'll confess that I was the one who answered it with option 1, but only to get people to wonder who voted that. :)

I think everyone is beautiful but I have no problem with women putting on makeup. There is such thing as too much makeup and usually causes more problems than it solves.