An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Rosary as a necklace

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Rosary as a necklace?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

toledo_jesus

hey, if your wits are good enough you don't even need the beads. just do it in your head.

the rings are pretty neat.

lil bull 04

i know i as well as some of my fellow soldiers do wear our rosaries as necklaces only because it makes it easier for us to find when we want to pray and also it reminds us that Jesus is always there no matter how bad things get.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 31 2005, 05:58 PM'] i know i as well as some of my fellow soldiers do wear our rosaries as necklaces only because it makes it easier for us to find when we want to pray and also it reminds us that Jesus is always there no matter how bad things get. [/quote]
Yup. There's nothing wrong with it. Rosaries are just one kind of chaplet and chaplets are just prayer beads. You can wear prayer beads however you please.

You could just count Hail Mary's on your fingers. That's what I do when I forget my Rosary at home.

To my knowledge there is no prohibition against wearing a rosary.

Before mine broke, I used to wear it around my neck because that was the best and easiest way.

Also, out of sight, out of mind.

i just dont think you shoudl have it out to look like bling bling type of thing

the soldier thing is awsome

God bless u guys

i keep one in my pocket

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='May 31 2005, 06:14 PM'] You could just count Hail Mary's on your fingers. That's what I do when I forget my Rosary at home. [/quote]
Theres a reason God gave us 10 fingers.....

Yeah, I think it depends on your intention.

If you honestly intend to pray the rosary that day and are wearing it as a reminder to keep your day in prayer, then I think it's acceptable.

But wearing it just because you feel like it or to show you're Catholic or something is a nono.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

JOhn kerry wore a rosary around his neck in Nam.

Christ is always with us and the rosary reminds me of that, i only where it when i need special help and graces. It is blessed by the Head of the Knight of Columbus the Bishop of Brooklyn. I won it in The Catholic Bee for the Knights of Columbus.

its chills

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 31 2005, 06:26 PM'] JOhn kerry wore a rosary around his neck in Nam.

Christ is always with us and the rosary reminds me of that, i only where it when i need special help and graces. It is blessed by the Head of the Knight of Columbus the Bishop of Brooklyn. I won it in The Catholic Bee for the Knights of Columbus.

its chills [/quote]
Congrats.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 31 2005, 06:26 PM'] JOhn kerry wore a rosary around his neck in Nam.
[/quote]
:blink:

[quote name='FiZzGiG' date='May 31 2005, 06:25 PM'] Yeah, I think it depends on your intention.

If you honestly intend to pray the rosary that day and are wearing it as a reminder to keep your day in prayer, then I think it's acceptable.

But wearing it just because you feel like it or to show you're Catholic or something is a nono. [/quote]
Wow. Is being Catholic really trendy?

Here I was feeling all shy about having my rosary out... and, it was a fashion statement! Neat.

Alas, my plain olivewood and string rosary is not very flashy, and doesn't fit over my head. I am looking for a rosary bracelet, and I darn will get the nicest looking one I can afford, and wear it all the time. Gotta try to shame some in-laws back into the church. :P

I dont really agree with it. Because often it is sign of gangs and stuff and I find it very disrespectful to wear it around your neck it is a special gift given to us by our Blessed Mother you dont just do anything with it. Anyways that is my opinion. If you want alternitives there are rosary bracelets rings and you do have ten fingers. Like others have said. I think it is between you and God though really. Ask a priest. i asked mine once but I cant remeber his exact answers and i wouldnt want to misquote him. :)
Love in Christ
Karin