An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Rosary as a necklace

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Rosary as a necklace?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fides_et_Ratio

maybe the desire to "wear" something for protection could be fulfilled by wearing a scapular?

I am not completely bothered by people who would wear a Rosary (though it's not my taste), though I think it should be worn with the utmost respect as a tool for prayer, not a "can you tell I'm Catholic" stylish thing.

I never said I wore it like "Can You tell Im Catholic" type thing, I do wear a scapular . I wear it to show that I am Catholic and this is what I believe in and Im here to show you that I will never turn away from my faith!

LiL Kat Said

[quote name='disturbedxfairy' date='Jun 27 2005, 02:39 PM']i have a rosary necklace. (a rosary with a clasp so that one could wear it). i don't wear it though 'cause it's gold and i prefer silver. but i did some research on it when i got the necklace and found that there was not a problem with wearing the rosary as a necklace because it would be the same type of reminder that the rings, bracelets, etc. are. just as long as you don't wear it as a fashion statement and wear it for its use
[right][snapback]625446[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have a rosary necklace fitting that almost exact description. My mother bought it for me about a year ago. It's so small and the color blends right into my skin.
I do wear it but not because i want to show it off or announce to everyone that i am catholic.
I wear it because it's small enough to hide under my shirts and nobody notices it. I wear it because I have it with me always and i AM devoted to praying to rosary, so it's convinient to have it with me.
I think rosary bracelets are more obvious and flashy than my necklace so i don't like wearing them, and the rings well...honestly i can't find any that fit my fingers.

Edited by LiL Kat Said